Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went to do a classroom observation (for school) - 4 year olds. One of the children in the class I was studying...I want to adopt her so bad!
She was really shy (possibly a future one-of-us I suppose) but so sweet.
When she talked she had a quiet voice but knew what she was saying and what she wanted to come of the conversation.
She had the cutest little outfit on (jeans, white tank top underneath a light green shirt that had flowers along the bottom) and she her hair was in a side ponytail (and she had green clips in it).
I'm pretty sure she was "white-washed" Hispanic, probably the smallest girl in the class.

All the other kids noticed how shy she was and how small she was. The teacher put her arm around her and said that she was the sweetest and she was very glad she came to class. No one was mean to her. They were just being kids. She didn't really play with them a lot inside but outside she ran around, played catch with the boys and became a little more vocal.

When I told my mom about her, she said that the girl reminded her of me when I was little...maybe that's part of my favoritism towards her, too, haha...I really just had to tell more people about her, that's it.

·
In 'da 707
4,382 Posts
That's great! I hope she doesn't turn out w/SA. I did the same thing last semester for human development, and it was so fun. Lil kids are so cute and happy. Totally lifted my depression.

·
Registered
928 Posts
AWWWWWWWW I love shy kids!

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
That's so sweet. Reminds me a lot of my oldest nephew.
I think most of the reason we are so close is because he's so quiet and thoughtful and, I don't want to jinx him, but I think depressed.

I love kids.

·
Self Titled Geek
141 Posts
So sweet.
I find the kids that are the quietest are those that often are the smartest. They view the world from an individual unswayed point of view.
:D

·
Fun...Fluid...Formidable
7,159 Posts
She sounds adorable. I love meeting kids like that. So many times loud obnoxious kids get attention and i want the quiet one's to be confident and to feel validated.

·
Banned
3,597 Posts
This topic is from 2009...

·
Behind a screen
775 Posts
Yeah why is this thread so old? I only just saw it today.....really don't get it :sus

·
Banned
3,597 Posts
Nah, you weren't the one who bumped it. I've seen it few days ago, and haven't noticed it's old. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts