Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Kitten lover
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to make a post but it said I can only post 50 replies in a 24 hour period!!! Why????????????????????

Admins, please fix this so I can post!

kthxbai

·
Querdenker
5,684 Posts
Wow, you only joined two days ago and you have 53 posts already. That's over 15,000 per year. Milleniumman75 had better be careful or he may lose his position as the number one poster.

·
Swedish Feminist
3,286 Posts
Does this limit actually exist? I may soon reach a point where I would need someone to tell me to stop posting, so if this thing actually exists then great.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
It has nothing to do with spam.

It's a server load issue that was implemented when we were having issues keep the site up and running smoothly. People who have visit the site regularly know what I'm talking about. Things have been relatively stable for a while now, but that can change quickly as the site grows. This is a compromise.

Ideally we wouldn't have the 50/posts a day, but at this point a couple web servers and a dedicated database server isn't realistic. Maybe some day though!
Sorry but 50 it is.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
I have never reached 50 posts...how could you reach 50 posts?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I reached 50 posts every day when I joined, but I post less now. It wasn't spam either, it's not hard. There's also a limit on PMs and visitor messages, so I chat on facebook, msn or skype now.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I reached it today by five, then stopped posting for a few hours, then started again. I blame the pics thread.

·
Registered
7,948 Posts

·
poison apple
4,058 Posts
I've never hit the post limit either.

ilikekittens, truly you are an inspiration to us all.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
I reached it today by five, then stopped posting for a few hours, then started again. I blame the pics thread.
Don't reply to each post individually. Use the "+" to do multiple quotes, It saves you many posts.

I've been here for 8 years and have never hit the 50 post per day mark. Some of you quiet people just talk to much! :p

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Originally Posted by Drew
It has nothing to do with spam.
It's a server load issue that was implemented when we were having issues keep the site up and running smoothly. People who have visit the site regularly know what I'm talking about. Things have been relatively stable for a while now, but that can change quickly as the site grows. This is a compromise.
Ideally we wouldn't have the 50/posts a day, but at this point a couple web servers and a dedicated database server isn't realistic. Maybe some day though!
Don't let them blow smoke up your ***. I call this the "Toad Licker Rule", it was implemented about two years ago or so during a time when me and a couple of other members here were posting many posts everyday. Any other explanation for this rule is just a polite fabrication.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Don't let them blow smoke up your ***. I call this the "Toad Licker Rule", it was implemented about two years ago or so during a time when me and a couple of other members here were posting many posts everyday. Any other explanation for this rule is just a polite fabrication.
40 posts a day and 57.9k total posts ...OMG. I thought I posted a lot. How come this is the first time I've seen your post when you have this high of a post count. You must have posted 200+ times a day during your prime.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
As this site has gotten ****ed over during the last 3 years and the more and more friends we lost it's now to a point that you'll find me posting mostly in the Just For Fun forum so if you've never posted there than you're less likely to have seen my posts. Some days yes we did do 200+ posts but never 300+ as one liar would have you believe. I didn't start out as a spammer and it's never been about post count but the more this site went downhill over the last few years the more I found that the only thing left to do was play the games and now sadly that's about all I do anymore.

·
insert witty comment here
6,221 Posts
Does this limit actually exist? I may soon reach a point where I would need someone to tell me to stop posting, so if this thing actually exists then great.
It does exist. I have hit that limit twice over the years. It was a good wake up call for me to get off the internet and do RL stuff.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts