Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
4 + 1 = MOO
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that grew up on Super Mario, Sonic 1 2 & 3, Bomberman, Spyro The Dragon, Crash Bandicoot, Tomb Raider (when she was nothing but like 8 polygons), etc. Does it not take you back to a time where what people thought of you was the least of your worries, and the only thing bothering you at the time were your cheeks hurting after blowing the dust out of your SEGA Genesis cartridge for 3 minutes straight and begging to see those white words on the black screen letting you know that your work was a success?

I dunno, maybe it's just me.

·
Banned
2,768 Posts
I get that with normal music that i listened to while playing certain games.

like stone sour's first song coming out I listened to playing soldier of fortune 2, or megadeth's cryptic writings while playing crash bandicoot. wouldnt really mind a time machine when i hear some of those songs

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The Final Fantasy 7 & 8 intro music is pretty nostalgic for me. The music from Sonic too.

VipFuj said:
I get that with normal music that i listened to while playing certain games.
Heh, me too. I used to listen to music constantly whilst playing MMORPGs... so now random songs bring back memories of DAoC, World of Warcraft, etc. It's kind of odd lol.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Yes, specially Zelda: Ocarina of Time, I still remember every feeling when I played that, so awesome.

·
Banned
2,768 Posts
I didnt even know they made a jet moto 3. I loved the first two, so im suprised i didnt even know it existed.

im still praying for them to make a next-gen one

·
SAS Member
14,430 Posts
Each time i hear super metroid music i feel like starting the emulator and do a run through the game again.

Most game music has that effect on me.

·
growing up
432 Posts
I love game music so much!! My all time top favs are Zelda: OoT and MM, Chrono Trigger and both the Final Fantasy & Dragon Quest series. There are so many games with amazing sound tracks! Donkey Kong Country final boss song FTW!!!

·
The Tragic Princess
719 Posts
The Final Fantasy 7 & 8 intro music is pretty nostalgic for me. The music from Sonic too.

Heh, me too. I used to listen to music constantly whilst playing MMORPGs... so now random songs bring back memories of DAoC, World of Warcraft, etc. It's kind of odd lol.
God I love Final Fantasy!! Nobuo Uematsu is an amazing composer. I can listen to and uplift my mood for hours with my FFVIII OST...It's so beautiful and has get you pumped stuff too!!!
I love video game music in general too...som greats are of course the afformentioned classics and Castlevania, Silent Hill, chrono Cross, Kingdom Hearts, Dark Cloud 2 etc... very soothing and nostalgic music on those for me :)

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
I listen to FF music, piano collections mostly, nes music, mostly from games i like, such as mega man and mario. My goal would be to learn how to play "To Zanarkand", it sounds so serene.

·
Digimon Loyalist
2,031 Posts
I loved Crash and Spyro games, I feel the nostalgia when I play them again, but I also feel lonely. During those times that was all I did on the weekends.
Still, nothing beats the awe I first felt when I played Spyro <3
Me too!!! :D I used to play Crash and Spyro all the time. Hearing the music from the games gives me nostalgia. I also played Croc and Gex... those were good times. :yes
I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!! :D

·
Registered
197 Posts

watching that makes me really sad. it was my favourite ps1 game from the age of about 7-11.. back in the days when life was so easy. i miss them more than anything

1 - 20 of 92 Posts