Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in High School, there was this girl that I had a minor crush on (any girl that was remotely nice to me I somehow crushed on). I found her on facebook four weeks ago, she was giving me compliments about my weight loss and overall changes in the 7 years that we haven't seen each other. We went to Harry Potter yesterday and had dinner afterwards. I didn't see it as a date but a reunion of sorts.

We talked for awhile about many things not associated to high school, our families, going through mental health issues and so forth. I felt more at ease with her than with my ex. She said she would like to hang out again soon and I am not against it at all.

Here's my predicament, she moved back to my hometown recently. She was getting out of a bad three-year relationship (he was abusive and I think must have raped her). Her family seems more messed up than mine, her father is a drunk, her twin sister is asking her to be a surrogate mother and she doesn't speak to her mom anymore. I get the vibe that she is not ready to get into another relationship. I don't want to push her into one but I do want to plant the seeds that hopefully may come to it.

What do you guys think? Should I continue being a friend and plant the seeds with hanging out and not being another issue for her? Or should I keep my options open if someone else came around?

·
In the doghouse
1,165 Posts
Should I continue being a friend and plant the seeds with hanging out and not being another issue for her? Or should I keep my options open if someone else came around?
I don't think you need to make a choice in this situation. Go ahead and hang out with her as a friend AND keep your options open.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts