Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
21 - 40 of 332 Posts

·
Registered
28,013 Posts
His age - about age 30 (I like younger men.)

Nationality - from a culture that I'm familiar and comfortable with, so American/Canadian, Australian, Japanese, or Brazilian

Hair color and length - short and black

Eye color - green or brown (blued eyed guys are bad kissers in my experience)

Skin color - Southern European/Latino/Japanese skin color (I don't like very white or very dark)

Height? - ideal is 5'10, minimum is 5'6

What kind of body type? - average with some muscle

Clothing style? - don't care

What kind of personality? - smart, relaxed, patient, doesn't get angry easily, enjoys joking around and shooting the bull with me, a bit shy with other people but comfy with me, can follow directions, slightly on the passive side (I'm kind of bossy and like to control the finances, etc.)

Is he virgin? - no

Does he want a lot of sex? - about once a day (I had bfs who only wanted it 2-3 times a week and it caused MANY fights)

Does he have a lot of friends? - no

Does he have social anxiety? - mild-moderate SA

Does he have any other mental illnesses? - no

His religion - atheist/agnostic

Does he smoke, drink or use drugs? - moderate drinking and open to drug experimentation with me, particularly MDMA, psychedelics, and pot. Cigarette smoking is gross though.

Does he have any hobbies? - sure, but preferably something we can do together and definitely not watching sports

Anything else what you would like to mention about your ideal BF? -
loves cats and doesn't want kids
vegetarian
socially and economically liberal
nocturnal (no morning people!!)
likes travel, reading, and walks thru the neighborhood
no slobs or neat freaks
well-endowed

Your age: 35

·
Banned
2,592 Posts
His age - 16-25

Nationality - It doesn't matter.

Hair color and length - I love black and brown haired guys, but I don't mind if guy has blonde or red hairs. Blue, green, pink etc is horrible. I don't like much a long haired guys, so I prefer guys with short hairs.

Eye color - It doesn't matter, but I love brown eyes.

Skin color - It doesn't matter.

Height? - 160-185cm

What kind of body type? - Not overweight.

Clothing style? - It doesn't matter.

What kind of personality? - I like guys who are like me: shy, quiet, lonely and depressed. He should be sweet, understanding and patient. I also like a little bit mysterious guys.

Is he virgin? - It doesn't matter.

Does he want a lot of sex? - YES! This is really important.

Does he have a lot of friends? - No. I don't have any friends, so it would be nice if he was as lonely as me.

Does he have social anxiety? - Yes

Does he have any other mental illnesses? - It doesn't matter.

His religion - Atheist

Does he smoke, drink or use drugs? - It doesn't matter, but if he used drugs he should give me some too.

Does he have any hobbies? - It doesn't matter.

Your age: 16

·
Banned
3,365 Posts
His age - 18 - 30

Nationality - legendary

Hair color and length - 2mm long or 2 feet long.

Eye color - rainbow

Skin color - brown, black, white or yellow.

Height? - over 5'5

What kind of body type? - crocodile

Clothing style? - band t-shirts!

What kind of personality? - sweet and caring.

Is he virgin? - Yes. I get jealous easily, which is kinda dumb.

Does he want a lot of sex? - hellz yeah. I'm a sex maniac.

Does he have a lot of friends? -
No

Does he have social anxiety? - If he wants to

Does he have any other mental illnesses? - Pyro

His religion - awesome

Does he smoke, drink or use drugs? - no no no

Does he have any hobbies? - he builds ships in bottles

Anything else what you would like to mention about your ideal BF? He is an awesome possum

Your age: 17

·
Confused
432 Posts
His age - 18 - 25.

Nationality - Don't mind, as long as they speak English fluently!

Hair color and length - Don't mind really, but my favourite is black.

Eye color - Same as above, but my favourite is grey.

Skin color - Don't mind really, maybe not someone with a heavy suntan though cause I'd look like a goth stood next to him.

Height? - Anyone taller than me, so... any taller than 5'1" lol.

What kind of body type? - Don't mind, as long as he's not obese.

Clothing style? Not bothered, as long as they don't buy the 'in style thing' just to fit in with others.

What kind of personality? - Kind, ambitious, thoughtful, little bit arrogant. ;) But extremely loyal.

Is he virgin? - Don't mind, it would be fun to teach. ;)

Does he want a lot of sex? - Helllllsss yes. ;D

Does he have a lot of friends? - Don't mind, the fewer he has the more time we can spend together. :wink

Does he have social anxiety? - Don't mind.

Does he have any other mental illnesses? - Well, preferably not I suppose.

His religion - Atheist or agnostic only please.

Does he smoke, drink or use drugs? - No smoking or drugs, but boozing is fine.

Does he have any hobbies? - Hmmm, video gaming! We can play together and have (sexy) nerdfests.

Your age: 19

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
His age - Somewhere between 20 & 25ish

Nationality - Don't care

Hair color and length - Fire red

Eye color - don't care

Skin color - not bothered

Height? - taller or = to me in heals

What kind of body type? - not fussed

Clothing style? Gotta have some dress sense with own individual style

What kind of personality? - Fun, sensitive, smart, caring, hugable

Is he virgin? - don't care

Does he want a lot of sex? - no

Does he have a lot of friends? - don't care

Does he have social anxiety? - don't care

Does he have any other mental illnesses? - I wouldn't wish that on anyone but it would not be a killer

His religion - That is his personal choice

Does he smoke, drink or use drugs? - no, his choice and no

Does he have any hobbies? - yes please

Anything else what you would like to mention about your ideal BF? - Understands the importance of alone time and the ability to sometimes not be able to express feelings

Your age: 21

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
I dont fit any of these descriptions, but what someone considers as ideal isnt always what someone ends up liking, in that point in time. These type of threads only induce competition and comparison, which might not good for the insecure folk that inhabit this forum.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
I KNOW this for myself. That ideals have nothing to do with who I end up finding attractive. I never know who I will meet and who would be attractive to me, it doesn't fit in a box description. It just happens.

I totally agree with what you said.
I was hesitant to fill this out on a serious note, because it can make other people, who already struggle with how they feel about themselves feel less wanted or that they can never find someone who likes them.

I made one out the other day as a joke, with many exaggerations, but deleted that too, I don't want to hurt people's feelings.

I also like to remain a mystery as to what I like and find attractive.
I am a complex woman. :)
Unfortunately, as far as dating goes, most of us have to resort to online dating strictly as a means of finding someone. This is where people tend to create a "checklist" of ideal traits theyd like to have in a mate. Since it is easy to just point, click and reject those one find unsuitable, one may blame such to the aspect of desiring unrealistic ideals. It is difficult to gauge how someone truly is, until you have met them in person and have interacted with them. Its too bad people resort to this method of thinking. Plus I feel the original thread was created for the wrong reason, for the OP to have a male describe their ideal woman as someone of her likeness, thus increasing her self esteem.

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
Checklists are unhealthy and ridiculous. (sorry just my opinion)

·
nothing
286 Posts
I am pretty open minded - but if I had the ability to bake my own man from scratch this is how he would be.

His age - 25-35

Nationality - Irish heritage, nationality makes no difference

Hair color and length - dark brown, black or red - short in length

Eye color - blue

Skin color - light

Height? - 6'1+

What kind of body type? - average, husky

Clothing style? nothing over the top, not more stylish than me but hobo chic either

What kind of personality? - Assertive, kind, considerate, manly, funny. intelligent

Is he virgin? - no

Does he want a lot of sex? - yes - and only with me

Does he have a lot of friends? - not really

Does he have social anxiety? - he can

Does he have any other mental illnesses? - as long as they are under control

His religion - a non-religious christian, agnostic, or apathetic to the whole religion thing in general

Does he smoke, drink or use drugs? - doesn't smoke, does drink socially, and can smoke the occasional weed

Does he have any hobbies? - something that has him working with his hands, gardening would be cool too

Anything else what you would like to mention about your ideal BF? - A job/education is pretty important to me too. I have always dreamed about marrying a chiropractor, :b

Your age: 24

·
Chat Junkie
575 Posts
His age - 20 - 30

Nationality - Whatever gets me a green card.

Hair color and length - Slightly raggady and dark.

Eye color - Bright, but don't mind the colour.

Skin color - Light, asiany, tan, dark. Just soft skin.

Height? - Taller than me.

What kind of body type? - Slim muscled.

Clothing style? SUITS. nah, whatever suits him.

What kind of personality? - Funny, kind to me.

Is he virgin? - Doesnt matter

Does he want a lot of sex? - Sure.

Does he have a lot of friends? - A few.

Does he have social anxiety? - Doesnt matter

Does he have any other mental illnesses? - I usually fall for guys that do.

His religion - Doesnt really matter unless they want me to believe in it.

Does he smoke, drink or use drugs? - No idea.

Does he have any hobbies? - A few.

Anything else what you would like to mention about your ideal BF? - A good penis.

Your age: 18

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I'm sure a lot of those posts will decrease a few female's self esteem as well here on this forum. Just like the guys with this thread.

Maybe it has to do with maturity or age, that one realizes a description in words has nothing to do with reality and who you connect with.
I understand what your saying, but I like hearing honest descriptions of what people are attracted to, or rather what they find ideal. You may find you don't like what you hear, but its honest.
I had seen on online dating site that asked for you to mention your yearly salary!! - as part of the description of yourself. smh
With those sites, though, people judge you on your picture first and then however you have described yourself (for women, mostly on our picture, period) - I think that there is so much more to a person that can be listed. None of us are perfect or ideal -- to every one else.

The internet makes things more trouble than it should be sometimes.
But is that not how it is in real life? When a man approaches a woman it is usually done off an attraction and he may know very little about her. Thats part of what dating is, getting to know someone. When you approach someone at a bar or out in public it is usually done off a physical attraction. The last girl I tried talking to, I approached because I thought she was cute and she smiled at me in class. The part about salary may seem ridiculous, but when someone tells you their job, and you see what they drive, you can usually gauge what kind of money they make and that may affect your opinion of them and whether you want to date them. Others may realize that it may be difficult to date someone from a different social class than you. It may not sound nice, but its honest.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
I understand what your saying, but I like hearing an honest, unencumbered description of what people feel they are attracted to, or at least, what they find ideal. You may not like what you hear, but I think people will probably be more honest here under the guise of an avatar, and you get the truth.

But is that not how it often is in real life? When someone asks someone else out it usually done off an attraction, and you may know very little about the person, that part of the purpose of dating to get to know someone. When a man approaches a woman in a bar or anywhere out in public, it is usually based of a physical attraction. The last girl I tried talking to was in one of my classes. I approached her because I thought she was cute and when I walked into class and looked at her, she smiled at me and would occasionally glance at me. I don't see how the internet is much different. The salary thing may seem extreme, but when people meet and they tell you their profession, you can get an idea of how much they make and that may affect your opinion of them. Others simply realize that it is difficult to carry out a relationship with someone that is in a whole other social class from you. It may not sound good, but its honest.
People dont understand, in order to be accepted, you must let people judge you, or then how else can you make any strides socially or romantically. How else will people get to know your personality? There is a quote I heard: "Dont talk to strangers, unless you never want to meet anyone ever". We are all visual, and tend to react to things we find attractive. A picture doesnt tell you much about someone, but even on this site people seem to judge based just on them. Its sad, its become not what you say, its about what the person looks like who said it.

·
one stop away
1,454 Posts
His age - 20-32

Nationality - American/European/Australian/Canadian

Hair color and length - Any color works, I'd prefer medium length.

Eye color - Blue

Skin color - Don't care

Height? - Preferably taller than me (5'10), but I'd consider someone shorter

What kind of body type? - Average works

Clothing style? Whatever works for him

What kind of personality? - Intelligent, great sense of humor, loving/affectionate, responsible, driven, compassionate.

Is he virgin? - I don't care.

Does he want a lot of sex? - Hopefully not too much...:um

Does he have a lot of friends? - He can, I don't care.

Does he have social anxiety? - As long as he is functional

Does he have any other mental illnesses? - Nothing too serious. Again, if he is functional and working on his issues I don't care.

His religion - Atheist

Does he smoke, drink or use drugs? - No hard drugs (cocaine, crack, meth, heroin/opiates, etc) Light to moderate drinking/pot use is OK as long as it doesn't negatively effect his relationships and goals.

Does he have any hobbies? - Watching films, listening to music, walking/jogging outdoors, playing video games, reading. It'd be great if he liked to work out with me.

Anything else what you would like to mention about your ideal BF? - I would probably not seriously consider dating someone who was not a vegetarian or vegan (or in the process of converting to one). Having a different diet than your partner is like having a different religion - it's tough.

Your age: 23

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
People dont understand, in order to be accepted, you must let people judge you, or then how else can you make any strides socially or romantically. How else will people get to know your personality? There is a quote I heard: "Dont talk to strangers, unless you never want to meet anyone ever". We are all visual, and tend to react to things we find attractive. A picture doesnt tell you much about someone, but even on this site people seem to judge based just on them. Its sad, its become not what you say, its about what the person looks like who said it.
I don't think it became that way, people are always more likely to pay attention to those they find visually appealing. How a leader appears and presents themselves is important and something they always focus on when trying to get elected. Its just human nature, and when we talk about physical attraction, whether its online or in real life, we usually go after the people we find visually appealing and then hope, once we get to know them, that we like their personality as well. We may also look for certain attributes, like a persons humor, or how they carry themselves, but thats just the image they project and without the physical part we may not be drawn to them.

·
Registered
588 Posts
His age - 15-19

Nationality - American

Hair color and length - black short frizzy jewfro

Eye color - Brown

Skin color - Sunburnt

Height? - At least 5'2

What kind of body type? - Either really skinny or really fat.

Clothing style? All black plaided shirts with a disturbed shirt underneath.

What kind of personality? - No personality is a great personality.

Is he virgin? - Has had enough sex to have acquired his fair share of STD's

Does he want a lot of sex? - Enough that he's very good at controlling his sphincter.

Does he have a lot of friends? - A LOT

Does he have social anxiety? - No.

Does he have any other mental illnesses? - No.

His religion - Westboro Baptist.

Does he smoke, drink or use drugs? - Meth and pot is fine. No hard drugs though. No cigarrettes, gross.

Does he have any hobbies? - Not many, he needs enough time for me.

Anything else what you would like to mention about your ideal BF? - Too much to write.

Your age: 19

Oh man, I'm projecting again.

21 - 40 of 332 Posts