Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
nardil user since 2006
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm trying to find any internet link between this med and helping insomnia, but i am finding absolutely nothing. my pdoc recommened 200mg trazodone and 100mg of zonisamide. i guess i'll have to try it and see if it works, but still, its a frikkin anti-epilepsy medication. has anyone been prescribed this at all for any reason??? anyone have any information on it?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Of course meds like Zonisamide and Topiramate can cause dizziness and some kind of sedation, but I have never heard of them being prescribed off-label for insomnia. Did you try just Trazodone 200mg out first? One could always add Melatonin, Valerian or OTC Diphenhydramine...

·
nardil user since 2006
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was on 40mg generic ambien, and 150mg trazodone which worked, but my pdoc said the max dosage of generic ambien is 10mg. before trying generic ambien, i did try up to 150mg trazodone by itself, which didn't work, but damn did it make me walk around like i was drunk like a skunk. anyways, my pdoc said to shoot for 200mg trazodone, and 100mg of zonisamide. hope it works, ho ho

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
(High dose) Ambien shouldn't be a long-term solution for insomnia anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts