Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Emetephobic
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so my tutor asked me out on some dates and I started to like the guy and we went back to his place and was watching a movie and cuddling on the couch and stuff- which I really like doing..
Then he asked me to be his girlfriend when we were on the couch and stuff and I said yeah because it just felt so right.
But the thing is... I feel trapped everytime I get into a relationship..
Idk wtf is wrong with me but I just get so distant.. and feel so smothered
He said I love you today in a text message... I hope he didnt expect me to say it back because it's not really how I feel..
Ugh... I know I like him because I did before but why do I feel so repulsed???!!

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Your tutor is creepy...as hell. A few dates and he already loves you? o_O

·
Emetephobic
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I am his first girlfriend.. I mean we've been dating for about a month now

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Do you feel repulsed because he said he loves you, or just because he's showing any affection and pursuit? The former is understandable if you just started dating. If, however, you feel smothered and repulsed every time a guy shows you normal affection, that's probably an issue.

Regardless, gotta love rymo busting out the "c" word for a guy who I'm sure is well-intentioned and just a bit overzealous and inexperienced. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
I guess I am his first girlfriend.. I mean we've been dating for about a month now
I see...the way you described it made it seem like you guys have been on 2 or 3 dates max.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Honestly the only way you can make it work and comfortable for you at the same time is to just be honest with him. Let him know how you feel, that you can feel smothered, even if irrationally so and talk it out.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Mm...yeh...just gotta be honest. Also, relationships aren't something so frivolous that you should just jump into them on a whim...make sure you really like the guy next time. You can still have a fwb or just a friend in the guy, it doesn't have to be a relationship. I jumped into something serious with my ex (mostly because I wanted sex and didn't want to give that up) and I felt trapped every day for like 8 months...it was torture. In retrospect, it was a good learning experience, but I wouldn't want to go through that ever again. Eventually just had to be honest with her and tell her it wasn't going to work out.

·
Emetephobic
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mm...yeh...just gotta be honest. Also, relationships aren't something so frivolous that you should just jump into them on a whim...make sure you really like the guy next time. You can still have a fwb or just a friend in the guy, it doesn't have to be a relationship. I jumped into something serious with my ex (mostly because I wanted sex and didn't want to give that up) and I felt trapped every day for like 8 months...it was torture. In retrospect, it was a good learning experience, but I wouldn't want to go through that ever again. Eventually just had to be honest with her and tell her it wasn't going to work out.
That sounds terrible..
but I guess the main reason i said yes is because I just loved having a cuddle buddy... but I am not gonna drag this on any longer.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
That sounds terrible..
but I guess the main reason i said yes is because I just loved having a cuddle buddy... but I am not gonna drag this on any longer.
Smart girl, great attitude :)

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
It is best not to let it go any further if you are wanting out like that.
The longer it goes, the worse it will get.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts