Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is John. I'm 39 years old and I live in New Jersey. I had a couple of full blown panic attacks about 10 years ago, but thankfully no panic attacks since. I've always had problems interacting with people. I avoid any kind of social situation. For instance, I recently forced myself into a social situation by signing up for a painting class because I figured it would be good for me to try to interact with people. When the time came around to attend class, I didn't go. I paid for (about $100) and signed up for 10 weeks of class and didn't attend a single session. Not so surprisingly, I've also never had a girlfriend. I am independent, however. I have my own apartment and a full time job (at the moment, that is...the economy has cast a shadow of doubt on my current position).

Though I know this is a real disorder, I often feel guilty because my suffering isn't the kind that is more "tangible" like something you can see on an x-ray like cancer or heart disease. I often feel like I'm just wallowing in self pity.

Anyway, I'm glad to have found this site and be able to say things here that I'd otherwise be embarrassed to say anywhere else. So a big "hello" to everyone. Thanks for this forum.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey John welcome. :)

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, Damfino! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts