Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
old curtains
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just withdrew from a good dose of celexa. I've had 3 different docs in a short few months. It's hard to find a good doc that you trust. My new one is so new I haven't even had the time to get to know them. That's my problem with doctors who just get your chart and prescribe based on past medical history and don't listen to what you have been suffering symptomaticly. Just here's your prescription take it..that's why I'm in the boat I am in now. I recently had to "detox" myself from all mess to start clean from over medicating. Thank god for my therapy and coping skills which I would recommend those to learn to anyone with or without depression / social anxiety. Before I was on a bunch of meds for depression is what I was diagnosed, only to be told the meds I were on are only for short term/getting over the bump or hill and not long term. So I withdrew from them /serotonin inhibitors. Even as I type I'm so frustrated that I was on a useless medication for years when I should have been being looked after in my physical health also. Well 3 years later I have developed hypothyroidism and cholesterol is super high. Side effects includes muscle soreness/ from the crestor I take for cholesterol, but I wonder if it is the absence of serotonin inhibitors in my body??? I'd like to think I can manage only on coping skills with my depression/ SA but after living a world coated with prescription drugs, how is a person like me supposed to feel?? Like this new doc says I don't need 1,2,3 so I listen like a good patient get off the meds as told so. What about withdrawal symptoms, btw I'm typing this from my bed I've been in all day/week.

·
old curtains
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Getting off the meds to try to become pregnant..which the idea of it scares the sh*t out of me. I don't want to pass my "dysfunctional genes" to another person. Is having thyroid/depression enough to warrant no baby systus? I know more babies born with all kinds of diseases. .but does that make it ok? I'm having a hard time with this. Anyone have any past experiences or sdvice???

·
Down the rabbit hole
4,499 Posts
Fix youself first... A baby wont do it. It's a wishfull thought but really no... Wait till YOU are readdy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts