Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SAS Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have OCD and was helped with medication?

I've experienced recently extraordinary OCD w/ #'s related to bad things and events coming from either me or another medication I'm taking or another naturopathic medicine I'm taking but I have to deal w/ this now while I pray to God...

I'm thinking to try fluoxetine (Prozac), or fluvoxamine (luvox). Zoloft I've tried for anxiety a long time ago and it didn't help w/ anxiety and in the trial period I had a hallucination that the people in the tv could probably see me and Paxil in the past didn't help w/ anxiety and I gained 20 lbs in the trial period and it was very addictive getting off of it without a really bad side effect or something like that.

I would like to stop trying the clomipramine due to something really bad I found about it but I think it did help so far.

Thanks so tremendously.

·
SUS Member
10,507 Posts
I have no experience with medications because I have OCD/a phobia about medications/recreational drugs. I've heard some people with OCD are helped by medication, though. Good luck.

·
Banned
44 Posts
For me, Celexa (citalopram) has helped with OCD and anxiety. With that kind of medication, not everyone has the same "brain" and there might be some trial and errors to figure out how all of this works.

·
SAS Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies. @johnfred01, did you experience extraordinary anxiety? I googled it and citalopram and Cipralex showed up too, not only the ones I mentioned

·
SAS Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
currently waiting for my psychiatrist's reply. I want an appointment soon and to get better. :(

·
Banned
44 Posts
thanks for the replies. @johnfred01, did you experience extraordinary anxiety? I googled it and citalopram and Cipralex showed up too, not only the ones I mentioned
I find the anxiety hard to describe. I am considered tp be on the spectrum (Autism/Asperger). I constantly need some peace of mind (calmness). Noises, lights and too much socialization drains me out. I am very sensitive, which causes a lot of stress. I had a few panic attacks in college when talking to a group of people. I get to know better, about what to do, when the tension goes up. I still need to be aware so that things don't get out of hand.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Fluoxetine helped me with my ocd intrusive thoughts and helped me lose weight.First 3 weeks were awful,my ocd got worse and i would wake up after only 5 hours of night sleep with horrible morning anxiety.It got better after 21 days.

·
SAS Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fluoxetine helped me with my ocd intrusive thoughts and helped me lose weight.First 3 weeks were awful,my ocd got worse and i would wake up after only 5 hours of night sleep with horrible morning anxiety.It got better after 21 days.
thanks for your input :)

·
SAS Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
being on clomipramine for a while now on 37.5mg I have mild OCD but I had constipation, and on 50mg I had a foggy head and my mind was slow to process which wasn't good. My psychiatrist said if Prozac causes anxiety, then you don't not take it anymore so I don't know why you continued to take it

·
Registered
191 Posts
being on clomipramine for a while now on 37.5mg I have mild OCD but I had constipation, and on 50mg I had a foggy head and my mind was slow to process which wasn't good. My psychiatrist said if Prozac causes anxiety, then you don't not take it anymore so I don't know why you continued to take it
It is ''normal'' for a SSRI to make symptoms worse for the first few weeks of taking it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I can’t advise anything with respect to meds, haven’t bothered considering it myself so I’m not even familiar with the neurochem involved, but I can empathize with the ocd. It’s def linked to my anxiety and some of my friends have been accommodating but I’m trying to improve myself (much better than I used to be but still have oddities). As a kid I’d always have to end any convos that involved affirmations or agreeing to something with back and forth “yes”’s and if the tone or timing was off I’d just keep going. It was like a scene out of the aviator lol. These days it’s mostly inane minutiae like having the tv volume in groups of 5, needing to touch my remote or laptop keys in a certain way etc. my hygiene routine is probably the most annoying thing, I do antrhijfb bathroom related in a very weird way like washing my hands or showering. I remember telling my dad about it once and he laughed saying by the time I’m done the day is over and it’s time for bed again lool

I hope u feel better and cope with the ocd effectively. Interestingly I’ve found when I’m on vacation or on some sport trip it isn’t as much of a burden. Maybe an idle mind exacerbates it for me idk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts