Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Amazing
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else clean obsessively when upset or stressed? I was really upset on Sunday night, and I spent 3 hours vacuuming, scrubbing every surface in my room, cleaning the mirrors, dusting and re-organizing all my books and CDs. The behaviour seems to be something along the lines of Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD).
Anyone else? I know it makes me feel better.

· Registered
146,606 Posts
Anyone else clean obsessively when upset or stressed? I was really upset on Sunday night, and I spent 3 hours vacuuming, scrubbing every surface in my room, cleaning the mirrors, dusting and re-organizing all my books and CDs. The behaviour seems to be something along the lines of Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD).
People make a living at that. :lol
That's a bit much and is related to anxiety and feelings of inferiority - "never clean enough". You do the best you can and no more. :)

Obsessive Cleaning Disorder (OClD) :lol That was good.

· Registered
69 Posts
I love to clean when I'm stressed and some people I know don't seem to understand why. I operate better in a clean space. Its frees my state of mind and helps me relax. I feel productive. (I just got done cleaning......) :D

· LookingForMyLife
599 Posts
My mom does. But I do work like splittin wood and stuff. Anything real physical helps to get my mind off stuff!!! I have ocd!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.