Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else feel thay just have to be outside if it is sunny?

I feel agitated if I can't get out and feel I have a need to soak up absolutely every ray until the sun goes down. Even on holiday, I don't get overheated like others and so don't even get in the pool or sea to cool off.

I love the sun - I NEED to absorb every last drop of it.

I had never considered it before, but this must be boosting flagging seratonin levels.

Anyone else like this with the sun? (we don't get a lot of it in the UK!!)

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
I can't really stand the sun. Hurts my eyes and it's hot. I avoid it as much as possible.
I'd rather have a rainy, cold day than a sunny hot one.

But sun supposedly has a happy affect on people...

·
sa challenger
5,079 Posts
I used to love cold, rainy or snowy days, so I could nest in my bed in a socially acceptable scenario, masking my depression. I now live where the sun shines every day. At first I longed for those dark gloomy days, but I've begrudgingly resigned myself to appreciating the sun; I can't deny the uplifting effect it has on my mood. Now if I could only figure out a way to turn it up and down and control the temperature!

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I use to love being out in the sun when I was younger, I still like it but I can't bring myself to get outside much anymore.

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
That was me last summer. I couldn't not lie outside when it was sunny out. I would even time my sunbathing to when the UV was at its strongest, most skin-frying levels.

This year we didn't get a lot of nice days (or the nice days all happened while I was at work) so I hardly sunbathed at all. I was anxious about it at first, but I'm sort of over it now. I get on these crazy kicks sometimes which aren't really healthy. Last summer's sunbathing made me feel relaxed and happy, but my obsession with it wasn't really good.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Well, vitamin D does help with depression. I don't really like to be out in the sun that long, I get over heated easily and it hurts my eyes.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I'm like this, i'm in the UK so we need to make the most of any sun we get!

Does anyone else feel under pressure to be tanned because it seems ''in fashion''?

I wouldn't go under a sun bed ever though because it's not very manish to do!

·
Registered
449 Posts
its probably more common than you think, as you said tanning is fashionable but not everybody has the time to stand out in the sun all day, or even have the sun to stand out in. i know a guy who does, and isnt ashamed of it. I think it also helps with acne, helps the colors blend in more making the red less noticeable.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Sometimes. I think there is a lot of pressure to have a nice body with no body hair.
I don't know about the body hair but even men feel pressured to look good these days, which is why a lot of men suffer from anorexia like i did when i was in school.

·
alien monk
8,453 Posts
sun make feel good

·
Positively Revolting Hag
6,547 Posts
Haha, my sister's boyfriend does it. :stu But he also shaved his legs once and went to get his hair done with his friend and...never mind.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
There was one o'r two guys i worked with who went on sunbeds and even had manicures!
One of them even played Rugby which you wouldn't expect! Jesus! Guys like that need to man up!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts