Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
maybe you just aren't ready to settle down yet, or maybe you haven't found the right person. I don't think there's anything wrong or unusual about this especially considering your age, as long as you're honest about it with the people you date.

·
?
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The thing is... I end up depressed when I'm with a girl, because I don't want to be with her. Then when we break it off, I end up depressed because I regret it. I'm messed up.

·
Banned
76 Posts
Ever thought about either just saying you want to date casually with no commitment and aren't looking for a relationship, or having an open relationship, or being poly? That might help some of your problems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's not really a numbers game. The more you date, the less likely you are to find the right person. The whole process has desensitized you; you have become addicted to the honeymoon phase, you're in love with a chemical phenomenon. I see this all the time with people who date a lot: they often end up confused about why they're not "happy" in the long term sense. But by then, they're usually too far gone.

Take a hard look at yourself, your needs, your behavior,and quit your addiction. Next time you feel like dating, either go for a no-strings-attached thing or wait three months (yes, three months) for the "high" to wear off before you can make a rational choice to pursue a relationship.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Maybe casual relationships are the way to go for you at the moment.
I have been in that position as dating can releive the lonliness so it fills that gap. yet being with someone presents a whole lot of new problems.
Its like there is no middle ground quite literally.
If i get in a relationship it feels great at first but they only tend to last a few months before idk the woman starts to cool off lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts