Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am obsessed with what others think of me. I spend hours and hours worrying if people like me. I feel ridiculous even saying this now. But its true. I don't even know why I care. How do you deal with this? Anyone? :afr

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
I deal with this by understanding that I can't know what other people think. And when I did worry about it, I realized it wasn't what others thought of me that was bugging me, it was really that I thought they were thinking about me the same way I think about me...I projected my own insecurities onto everybody else because if I dislike me, well, everybody else should too...right?

What do you think of you? That's all that matters, and it shouldn't be based on what other people may or may not be thinking.

·
Well Fed Troll
309 Posts
I'll admit I use to do this from time to time as well. It wasn't until I started looking within myself, and really acknowledging all the issues I had and everything I needed to work on (Sort of like a checklist) did I realize that THIS (worrying what others thought of me) was one of the biggest things I had wrong with me.

Today I can say that I honestly don't care what people think - Although sometimes I will catch myself starting to think about it - But I'll stop myself before I let it get to the point where I get anxious and worry about it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
makes sense

I never thought of this in that way. Its true. I am projecting what I think of myself and its not good. I struggle with this self worth concept. No matter how hard I try I cant seem to really feel good about myself. There are things I just dont like and alot of it stems from SA...

·
Rising Above
59 Posts
I am obsessed with what others think of me. I spend hours and hours worrying if people like me. I feel ridiculous even saying this now. But its true. I don't even know why I care. How do you deal with this? Anyone? :afr
Exactly the same for me...

and when someone says something negative about me I get depressed and can't stop thinking about what they said to me :(

you have that problem too?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.