Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
When it comes to government and politics, I am a bit apathetic. My views on the Presidency are neutral. I figure I wouldn't want their job, so as long as I don't see them running the country into the ground, I guess I am fine with them.

Obama inherited a tough situation and the rising unemployment figures and terrible markets are not completely his fault.

Look at Europe, they have it worse than the US.

·
Beasting
118 Posts
Ridiculously average. But still good enough to get re-elected. I'm positive of that, theres no question.

You have the people in the tea party acting like Obama's presidency is the end of the world and that he's the worst president of all time of any nation.

Then you have people who think/thought that he'd be the end of all of the world's problems and I remember some lady being interviewed who was ecstatic and said she's so happy that she won't even need to fill up her own gas tank anymore now that he's president.

In reality though, he's just another president. Once he's through in about 5 more years the United States will be the exact same place that it was at the end of Bush's term. Everyone will have worried for absolutely nothing.

A lot of major social changes don't even come from Washington anyway. They start in a local community and spread from there. What I'm talking about are things like marijuana legalization and gay marriage. My state almost freed stoners from pot laws, and we definitely will eventually once people start to understand the drug more instead of just being afraid of it. Also, gay marriage is always on the ballot in some state, and legalization will undoubtedly spread to all of the states as we progress.

·
absurdinista
3,011 Posts
bad. He's not Hitler bad- at least not directly. He's more like a two-bit con artist than a world conqueror. That's all these puppets and politicians are- at least the majority of them. Vote for a third party IMO this year- there hasn't been a better time for it in a long time.

·
Pronouced Tech-Oh
199 Posts
Obama's term has just proven how much power a president really doesn't have. Any president can promise & want to do all the good in the world...but there's too many other factors that are going to keep things from happening. So at the end of the day, it almost doesn't even matter who hold the title...just don't elect an idiot.

President = the guy that takes the blame.

·
Out there...
5,124 Posts
He's OK. Some good attributes about him in particular, but they haven't necessarily been always applied in the right manner.

I'm just worried that if he's seen as bad by the majority at the end of his term, most people will just vote for whatever other candidate, and we'll wind up with someone even worse.

·
Chlorine and Wine
12,105 Posts
Better than the alternative.

But when you're electing between Democrat and Republican, you're going to lose either way. And that will go for whatever political party that thinks they can join in the game. Because they're all playing the same money game to the oligarchy and no one's going to let the government work for you.

I agree, the Presidency is an overrated office. It's power is minimal. It's mostly a blame thing. Economics for instance happens over the course of years, not usually a term or two. But Americans aren't exactly reasonable enough to want to see things objectively.

But anyway, I still look forward to watching that Circus of Freaks the Repugs are trying to force on us to humiliate themselves... not even Palin and Christie are stupid enough to derail their money-train.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts