Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

What would you think if you found out you had a terminal cancer?

• Horrah!

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Eh, finally.

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Hmm....

• Darn.... =(

• Oh noe!!!!

Votes: 19 57.6%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Geese
20,769 Posts
I would feel so instantly sick it would be ridiculous, there are not many worse things I could be told.

·
finished uni!
449 Posts
I would be sad but accepting of it. Then I would live my life to the fullest those last few months and die.

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
You have to be kidding me right? Esp with the first two options. "puke

How insulting is this thread to people who are/have ACTUALLY been sick, or people who have had loved ones who are sick.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'd feel pretty bad, but I guess there would be a part of me that would accept the finality of it and be glad that I now know what my future holds.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
How insulting is this thread to people who are/have ACTUALLY been sick, or people who have had loved ones who are sick.
I'm sure you are thinking of me and the little hissy fit I threw a few months ago when this came up last :lol

But it's true, as somebody who had cancer, I was mortified beyond belief that there are people out there who would WANT to die from cancer.

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
I'm sure you are thinking of me and the little hissy fit I threw a few months ago when this came up last :lol

But it's true, as somebody who had cancer, I was mortified beyond belief that there are people out there who would WANT to die from cancer.
That DID cross my mind.....

but also I cared for my MIL during her illness and did hospice care for her until her death. :(

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
I can't even vote on it.

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
in the past i recall having thoughts while in severe deep depressions where i would think "i wish i would develop cancer or some other terminal illness, i deserve to suffer and i am going to kill myself anyway, at least it will not seem like my fault".

not trying to belittle you feeling like that way at all, since i think it's awful that someone would think like that, but minds can be really goddamn warped from mental illness to the point where something really messed up like that would seem like a better option.
(similarly, when i was considering my possible suicide methods during an episode, i remember thinking of possible ways to catch HIV from someone i knew who has it, keeping it to myself and dying that way. pretty ****ed up.)

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
anyway to answer the OP, i would be devastated then probably load up on drugs as much as i can to get my mind off it.

i can't imagine having to go through cancer either, and keeping hope throughout. i wouldn't be able to do that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts