Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been offered a position at the bank I work at in the IT department and to make it short I didnt apply for this position I was asked to be in the department because Im taking computer classes in the fall. I didnt apply for it because well I didnt feel ready since I had no experience. The IT manager asked me to atleast chat with him about it before I turned him down, so I met with him the next day and once he started talking about the position I instantly became nervous and anxious at just the thought of all I would have to do and learn. When I left the meeting my heart was racing and I kinda felt down. The thing is..is that I do want the position Im just scared I will let the bank down and not do well at it or I wont be able to learn everything and not to mention the pay is a lot better than what I do at the bank now, so for that alone I kinda want the job. Im thankful that they asked, but I just feel stuck now like if I say no then Im letting the bank down and if I say yes I wont do well and let them down. Ugh I hate feeling like this!

· Registered
43 Posts
If you don't take it, you'll may only end up thinking "what if I would have taken it?" Either way, your gonna have anxiety, no matter what your decision so why not just try it and if it doesn't work out, at least you can say you tried, and not what if.:D

· Registered
619 Posts
I know how you feel, I often find myself in that kind of position. It's up to you, but I say go for it. Maybe you'll learn something about yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.