Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a really dark morning. I just can't focus because I'm so afraid of messing up at work. I feel like I can't cope at work, but I know that avoiding work makes me even more fearful and self-doubting. The irony is that I actually wouldn't want to do any other job - I love the company and people - and I've also been doing the job for the last 15 years with positive feedback from people.

I feel so trapped, and just want to quit or run away.

·
Super Moderator
36,938 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people with SA do run away from things when they get to be too much. Sometimes I wish I could but I'm very unhealthy and not smart enough to get a decent job anywhere.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am having a really dark morning. I just can't focus because I'm so afraid of messing up at work. I feel like I can't cope at work, but I know that avoiding work makes me even more fearful and self-doubting. The irony is that I actually wouldn't want to do any other job - I love the company and people - and I've also been doing the job for the last 15 years with positive feedback from people.

I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. I can definitely relate to this so much. It is great that you love the company and the people though!

I wish I could offer you some advice but to be completely honest, I am struggling when it comes to working as well. Just know that you are not alone in feeling that way. I can 100% relate :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm in a similar situation.
I've been at my company for 10 years, I like the people, and I'm able to do the work.

But the salary is awful.

I've been looking for other jobs but not getting many interviews, or not progressing beyond a first interview. I'm in my 50s and I suspect my age is a handicap (although not the only reason)

I feel really stuck and hopeless.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm in a similar situation.
I've been at my company for 10 years, I like the people, and I'm able to do the work.

But the salary is awful.

I've been looking for other jobs but not getting many interviews, or not progressing beyond a first interview. I'm in my 50s and I suspect my age is a handicap (although not the only reason)

I feel really stuck and hopeless.
"Stuck and hopeless" is exactly how I feel too. It really sucks. I don't have any great ideas but I really feel for you and hope you find something soon.

·
Searching for something
55 Posts

that sucks, i know that feeling. especially avoidance. is there anything you could do to either reduce mistakes or reduce the feeling of being afraid? like i try to rationalize it to myself and say to myself that everyone makes mistakes and it’s not a failure just a setback

1 - 7 of 7 Posts