Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I guess I'm taking a step right now. A few weeks ago someone told me about a few places where I could learn about anxiety groups or something like it. This website is the first one I looked up and it has so much helpful info. Then I found this forum. Maybe I can try to reach out here. Hello all! My name is Ingrid and I'm 25 years old. I was born in South America but I have lived in NY since I was 9. Coincidently around that age I sort of change to a more introvert kind of person. Now I realize that probably I have some social anxiety since I worry what are people talking about me, I repeatedly practice how I'm supposed to act and chat about with others, and I'm in constant movement in front of others, and on on on...However at this moment I'm getting excited becoming part of this community. Looking forward to you guys.

Sincerely,
Ingrid:D

·
Banned
15 Posts
Welcome. I know what it's like to move about from place to place. I came to the US when I was 14 and stayed there for a few years. I think that coming into a different country and thus leaving your comfort zone can have a profound affect on you. But nevertheless social issues are surprisingly manageable if you manage to face up to them in your own way.

Good luck, and I hope that you find the support that you need here!

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Ingrid :wel

·
CarpeDiem
19 Posts
welcome ingrid :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm also 25 and started to become more introverted around the same age.

I thought maybe it was a series of experiences, but maybe that is the age of development where it occurs.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, IIngridd! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts