Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone ever feeling like you are not getting enough air when you breath? I've been like this all day today. It is starting to get annoying. :blank

I haven't had breathing problems before. I have had a couple medium panic attacks, but it has been almost a year since the last one. I've never felt this way either. Today has been a pretty laid back day, so I don't know what I'd be anxious about...but anxiety is the only thing that I can think it is.

Has anyone felt anything similar?

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
I have problems getting in air at times cause I developed shallow breathing techniques when I was young. I trained myself into not even breathing for more than 10-20 seconds at a time and today I regret doing that because now I can't breathe too well anymore.

·
Severed member
2,972 Posts
Is this through your mouth or nose that you arent getting enough air? If its through the nose, try eating some peppermint.

·
Registered
292 Posts
It's funny, this happens to me when I'm walking uphill to class and I'm listening to music (Something with a deep enough beat/kick/clap etc.) It seems to stop my breathing and/or slow my heartbeat and I have to do the whole yawn and deep breathing while walking.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah it is strange. I don't have it as bad today...but I can still tell it is there. It is very strange and sometimes kind of scary to feel this way. Thanks for the comments :)

·
Cleo
2 Posts
I suffer from that feeling 24 hours a day and have several panic attacks a day due to this. Which only make the feeling worse. I find being in moving air such as a fan or a car with window down helps alot.

·
Dead inside
190 Posts
Yeah, I get it pretty much everyday. I think it's a combination of my anxiety and anaemia.
Being somewhere really airy normally helps a bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts