Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i sit in n do nothing, im 26, i do not have a degree n i notice most people on here seem very creative n intelligent but im just bla bla boring n no interests or knowledge of anything, im sooooooo depressed but now people are gettin fed up cause i have a daughter so i should snap out of it, i just wanna die. i dont even want to wash. the only thing that gives me a bit of energy to get dressed is every couple of weeks if i go to buy sleeping tablets for a few nights, cause i do count down the hours till i can go asleep at night, but sometimes then i cant sleep. i really thought by this age id be over all this but the years are passing and im just getting older and worse

·
Banned
74 Posts
i know how you feel i am the same but im 36 all i can say is hang in there im hoping one day it will get better.Good luck take care

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
You're not going to get better if you do nothing. You have a daughter, that's great. Focus on being a good parent to her. And you need to see a psychologist for depression and SA. It doesn't disappear with time unless you're actively treating it.

Do you have a job? What do you want to be doing? Even with a child it's possible to get a degree if that's what you really want.

·
Insane Member
179 Posts
Many times I have sat and done nothing as well. I am not motivated and I literally have to force myself to go do something. Once I get started, keeping the momentum is usually not that hard. If I come inside for any reason, I resort right back to doing nothing again.

I have health issues now and it makes it many times harder to force myself to get started. I do have hobbies, my favorite one photography. If I can get into the vehicle and leave, I am usually alright as long as I stay out of the motels.

It is difficult, but you have to keep telling yourself that you need to get out. Going for a long walk helps too, it is good exercise and believe it or not, will put you in a better state of mind. I believe that exercise is the key to motivation.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I am 48, and I can say that seeing a psychologist probably will only make you feel worse. What probably will make you feel better is pushing forward and getting that degree and/or job. As soon as useful activity stops a feeling of despair starts to settle in. By encouraging introspection, a clinical psychologist will only increase your pensiveness.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its so strange, i feel like a depressed n lazy 16 yr old except im 26.. i really thought as i got older i would grow up but i didnt. if im 100% away from the toxic relationship and drugs, then i begin to get a little motivation but then i go running back to all that. i feel regret for waisting my youth, but im still doing it, i used to be good looking, good job, now my front teeth have been knocked out by the father of my child so they are fake, i look older than i am with dark circles under my eyes, and i have health issues. but yet im still in a rut. i dont know what i expect people to say, but its good to talk

·
Registered
580 Posts
its so strange, i feel like a depressed n lazy 16 yr old except im 26.. i really thought as i got older i would grow up but i didnt. if im 100% away from the toxic relationship and drugs, then i begin to get a little motivation but then i go running back to all that. i feel regret for waisting my youth, but im still doing it, i used to be good looking, good job, now my front teeth have been knocked out by the father of my child so they are fake, i look older than i am with dark circles under my eyes, and i have health issues. but yet im still in a rut. i dont know what i expect people to say, but its good to talk
No matter what happened to you .. i am sure you are an interesting person. You might look at yr self and think .. oh boy i am not so good.. but other people would be interested in you all the same.. i am sure if i met you we will haev a great conversation. Just go sit in the park every now and then and talk to people.

Also there is nothing called '' snap out of it''

Hugs:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts