Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sort of started getting a grip on the social anxiety stuff.. Sometimes it comes back but most of the time its easier for me.

Nowadays I have a new problem. I just dont WANT to go out and I dont have much fun around people. I try to extend myself to peoplei have something in common with but its like I am really far away from everyone else in my head.

I guess I haev always been kind of lost in my mind.. or maybe its because the conversations are boring. I dont know.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be the deal?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Are you sure you aren't depressed?

I think I was last year, because of my sa and loneliness. Now I am feeling so much better. All people just seem much more nicer and interesting, I enjoy my studys lot more etc.

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not really depressed... Well I dont know maybe? I thought i was pretty happy... My happiness revolves around my artwork basically. when i make something thats crap im depressed. when i make something good im happy. Its my biggest obsession. Maybe its even unhealthy...

I just dont feel like I have much in common with people sometimes. I also write a lot. Thats what i meant when i said I lived in my head. Not that i ruminate, just that i am always daydreaming about stories i want to work on.

I guess i still dont feel 100% comfortable around people then. Things deffinately improved... but maybe not all the way? I dont know.

·
Dude
604 Posts
I'm like that too. Sometimes conversation is just words to me. I believe the lack of enthusiasm is mostly fear and wanting to stay in comfort zone. You are satisfied now, so why put the effort in? Comfort zones always feel comfortable, especially when you haven't gone out for awhile. I become dettached and takes awhile to connect with people emotionally. But also sometimes I'm so focused improving myself that I believe going out won't help me with that goal.

But I find keeping an open mind, and just realizing going out CAN be fun. It sometimes ends up better than I would have expected. My opinions of going out when I'm alone are quite different than when I'm in the moment.

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm like that too. Sometimes conversation is just words to me. I believe the lack of enthusiasm is mostly fear and wanting to stay in comfort zone. You are satisfied now, so why put the effort in? Comfort zones always feel comfortable, especially when you haven't gone out for awhile. I become dettached and takes awhile to connect with people emotionally. But also sometimes I'm so focused improving myself that I believe going out won't help me with that goal.

But I find keeping an open mind, and just realizing going out CAN be fun. It sometimes ends up better than I would have expected. My opinions of going out when I'm alone are quite different than when I'm in the moment.
Okay yeah really good idea.. I should just roll with it anyways on the weekends.. Once a week at least. I always realize i start getting kind of an empty feeling when i don't but i try to fill it with goal setting and such like you mentioned. Holy cow I can't believe I don't just realize that immediately anyway.

...ya.... my mood is relevant to how social i am anyway! Well its about being balanced...working and being social and having fun. Thanks for the advice. I will just make it my goal to go out at least once a week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts