Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really amazed at how many people suffer from social anxiety. I have felt so alone for the last 10 years. Although I am married and have children, I feel so lonely. I try to make friends, but it seems people are so quick to judge me before they even get to know me. I take my boys to ball practice and the ladies treat me like I am not there and give their looks, I try to smile, all the while I am crying inside and when I get to my car, sometimes I do cry. Do they sense that I am different or are people just that mean? Im ready to make friends that can relate to what I am going through and not judge me.:)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Tasha82, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am really amazed at how many people suffer from social anxiety. I have felt so alone for the last 10 years. Although I am married and have children, I feel so lonely. I try to make friends, but it seems people are so quick to judge me before they even get to know me. I take my boys to ball practice and the ladies treat me like I am not there and give their looks, I try to smile, all the while I am crying inside and when I get to my car, sometimes I do cry. Do they sense that I am different or are people just that mean? Im ready to make friends that can relate to what I am going through and not judge me.:)
I could see how that could be disheartening. Especially when you're trying to put on a "nice" face and not show how you really feel.

Either way, if these other people judge you or ignore you after trying to talk to them I don't think they're worth your time. There's always going to be people that don't care about how others feel and I'm sure they outnumber the people that do care. You just have to search harder to find quality people.

Welcome to the forums! :clap

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Tasha,
I used to find that people who didn't know me often mistook me for being stuck up because I wasn't as outgoing as most people. I was so surprised when I first found this out because it was very much the opposite of how I really felt. Maybe the ladies at ball practice are thinking something similar about you. (Or maybe they're just really mean, nasty people.) Anyway, you're a good mom to keep it up even though it's so upsetting to you.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, Tasha82! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts