Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't really know where to put this thread...

Does anyone get really nostalgic for the past??? I've been thinking more and more about times in my past, how 'easy' it was, the things I used to do and the places I've lived....I just get really melancholy thinking about it and how I'll never be there again. It's really pathetic - at the moment I am looking up Sweet valley Twins books because I used to love them in primary school and it's making me all depressed, what the hell is wrong with me???

It's also tempting to live in the past and not really get on with the future or even be in denial that this is the way my life as an adult (I suppose I am at 25, even though I don't feel like it!!) turned out.

Can anyone relate..................?

·
Registered
96 Posts
One of my biggest problems is that I have a difficult time moving on from the past. When I am happy, I am looking forward to the future and rarely look back at the past. When I'm down in the dumps, I can't get out of the past, eh.

·
Registered
80 Posts
You are not abnormal. I long for the past too. By the way, I used to love Sweet Valley High, Babysitters Club and who was that author that wrote the scary ones - Christopher something I think. If you enjoy them, read them. Adults read Harry Potter - why not other kid books too.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hehe, yeh Christopher Pike! I read every one of his books too. I don't really get into Harry Potter though?? I think I look back on those books because I wanted to be like the characters - they had 'perfect' lives, heaps of friends......I don't know

Who's Vince - Music triggers me heaps! When I hear songs that my parents used to like or stuff from the 80's in general it takes me back, sometimes I'll be thinking about the past for hours on end

·
Registered
80 Posts
I often think about the past, but not the past i actually lived. I often think about what difference there would have been if something different had happened in the past than what happened, especially what it would have been like had my mother put me in a different elementary school where the kids were more like me and I would have wanted to become friends with them instead of wanting them to leave me alone.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sometimes the past makes me happy, othertimes - usually - it depresses me. Lately I've noticed the mix radio stations have started putting music from the 90s into their rotation, the type of music that was popular when I was in school. It definitely depresses me because it reminds me of the time in my life where I had friends, responsibilities and a future. It's really odd to think it, but sometimes I would give nearly anything to be able to go back to that.

·
In 'da 707
4,382 Posts
Just two nights ago I was laying on the bed smelling this lotion that I used to use when I was like 15 or so. I love the "rush" feeling I get when the past comes back to me, especially if I'm remembering something good. Weird I know lol. I remember when I was like 14 reading the "Ramona" books over, wishing I was 10 again.

·
Registered
80 Posts
80's music rocks! I bought this compilation cd the other day and was so excited. Then I got in th car and discovered it was a cover band, lol. I was disappointed.

·
Rainmaker
972 Posts
Reminising of the past can be fun... 80s cartoons, TMNT toys, my old Fear Street books and can't forget playing with neon gimp, lol. But there are times I get really depressed thinking of it. Especially of the things that led to my SA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts