Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Just found this site yesterday, so far enjoying it. I'm pretty sure I was born with social anxiety.. just the way I am I guess.

I'm often told that I'm "cute and quiet" and I'm never sure what to respond to that... like, thanks? I guess?
and then they ask me "why are you so quiet?" That's just the way I am I guess.. one time without thinking I replied "I like cats"
Apparently it was funny cus everyone laughed.
But I was dead serious.
I like cats more than humans. Cats don't judge you.

·
Hibernating
1,627 Posts
Hey all. Just found this site yesterday, so far enjoying it. I'm pretty sure I was born with social anxiety.. just the way I am I guess.

I'm often told that I'm "cute and quiet" and I'm never sure what to respond to that... like, thanks? I guess?
and then they ask me "why are you so quiet?" That's just the way I am I guess.. one time without thinking I replied "I like cats"
But I was dead serious.
Welcome purring! we met in chat yesterday but here is your official forum welcome from me :b

·
inactive
4,029 Posts
Of course cats judge you. They're just more subtle about it than humans.

Also, welcome to SAS!

·
Cut Above
1,827 Posts
Hello purringinside!
:wel

I love the cat in your profile pic, it's super cute!

·
Villain in glasses
3,511 Posts

But I was dead serious.
I feel you, I like technology more than humans, as technology does not yet have the ability to judge you. I've been told I'm quiet and socially awkward many times, have fun in the forums :), admiral galacticsenator out. Oh and I like cats because they have plans to take over the world, they along with dolphins and whales do judge humans and perceive them to be a threat to themselves.

·
Banned
3,597 Posts
I like your username :)

Welcome to SAS!

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, PurringInside! :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome to sa c: i like cats too

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey purringinside welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hellooo

im new also. and i have no idea what to do. the chat thing doesnt work for me. i get this message.

Unfortunately, we have had to implement a policy where brand new SAS members are not given access to the chat.

"Wait, why? Isn't this supposed to be a support site?"

Support is exactly why we've implemented this policy. It's in the interests of existing members and new members. We've tried multiple ways over years to keep the chat supportive, appropriate and welcoming, but all attempts so far have had limited success over the years. In combination with other new measures, we hope this policy will help increase the supportive aspects of the SAS Chat, while minimizing the negative ones.

"So, what do I do now?"

First, we encourage all members to post a thread in the First Step forum. Take a peek to see what other users are posting as their "first step".

Check out our General Discussion forum if you'd like to talk with other members, not necessarily just about social anxiety.

"When will I get access?"

We don't reveal exactly when a user goes from being a new member to just a member for a number of reasons. One of them is related to the constant and excessive spamming of SAS. If you're a member of the forums for a little while, browsing occassionally and maybe making a few posts, you'll have access to the chat before you know it. It's not just based on post count, so please don't post excessively to try to gain access to the chat!

We appreciate your understanding and recognition that access to the chat is a privilege, not a right.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome, purringinside! Cats are great... although I feel bad for the ones that have Angry Faces (like Persians?) cos they might not get all the luvin cute cats get... :b

·
Registered
71 Posts
I get "cute and quiet" a lot too. Sometimes it feels like people just want to pat you on the head and don't take you seriously. :p Anyway, welcome. Cats are awesome.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts