Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Writer
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before i got my first computer (an Amstrad CPC6128 ) when i 8, i used to have loads of plastic toys.

Mostly toy-soldiers, tanks and the like, also a horde of playmobil and lego.
Zoids were another favorite:

What about you? What old toys did you play with?

·
Super Moderator
9,458 Posts
Spinning tops, bouncy balls and yoyos. :D

·
Registered
368 Posts
I had this bad boy when I was kid

I also had transformers, legos, play doh, small car models, board games, batman figurines and probably other stuff that I forgot about.

·
Registered
8,819 Posts
I had hundreds of matchbox cars. Used to like making parking lots and traffic jams with them :lol

·
Nope, still not!
3,273 Posts
I had a gigantic black fighter jet that made cool sounds and everything... I think I can still find it, maybe I'll take a picture :lol

It was so cool... I kinda wanna play with it right now! :D

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
These were called Wheeled Warriors. They weren't my absolute favorite toys but most of the stuff I really liked was electronic.

This next one was called Capsela. I know it's electronic but it was my favorite...

·
Writer
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its ok, what i really meant was non computer/console games. Anything material counts :)

·
Hi/Hola
2,091 Posts
Figures.

Lots of action figures, spider-man, x-men, batman, and other marvel and dc figures. Legos and old happy meal toys.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Most of my toys weren't digital, I grew up with stuff like Legos, Transformers toys, little dinosaur things, army men, hot wheels tracks, slinkeys, etc. Back then, I always did stuff outside with my friends like ride bikes, play basketball, ride in those tiny little jeeps, and stuff like that. I didn't even get my first game system or computer until I was like 11 or 12.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Wow PickleNose, I loved that show. We have found something in common. :b It had an awesomely animated intro, with very catchy music. Actually, all the kids cartoons had awesome music back then.

I always wanted to have the toy of Saw Boss though, so I'm jealous. The toys were long gone off the shelves by the time I saw that show, because I was only born the year before it was made.

@ Mersault. Zoids were awesome! Almost as cool as Dino-Riders, but not quite. ;)

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
I grew up in the 60s and 70s so there wasn't even much in the way of video games etc. I did get a coleco combat video game when I was a teenager which I still have.

some of the toys I had when I was a kid....
others..Tonka trucks, dragline, chemistry set, cap guns,trains,viewmaster
hot wheels, matchbox etc.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
Here is what I had from what I remember. Basically, everything is from the 80's with the exception of a couple things which were from the 90's. I hope a few of the less popular toys near the bottom will bring back some memories for the 80's crowd.

Star Wars
G.I. Joes
He-Man
Transformers and Go Bots
Thunder Cats
M.A.S.K.
Legos
Lincoln Logs
Hot Wheels and Matchbox Cars
Some cheap plastic toys(tanks, trucks, and army soldiers)
A cool metal bulldozer with a backhoe attachment
A remote controlled tank
Nerf toys
TMNT
Micro Machines
WWF Dolls
Tinker Toys
Lite Bright
Super Soaker
Play-Doh
Big Wheel
Mad Balls
Mad Libs
Battle Beasts
The Animal toy truck. A favorite toy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4cq9GN1X1Qc#!
M.U.S.C.L.E. action figures
Robo Force robots

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Lego, trains, action figures, dolls, doll house, board games, sports stuff, rollerblades, collectable games, stuffed animals, matchbox cars, science kits, water pistols, army men, swing set, go-cart... :) Good times.

and Meccano! These are awesome. Does anyone remember a similar toy that was like a cross between meccano and transformers where you could build action figures. They came in silver cylinder tubes.

·
Poorly Educated
4,912 Posts
I played with a lot of Tonka toys. I had a bulldozer, dump truck, road grader, and an end loader. I also had one of these:

And a Tonka Mountain Master

^ It had three speeds you could control with the shifter on the back.

Stomper trucks were another one of my favorites:

I also played with Hot Wheels cars, electric slot cars, Tinker Toys, Lincoln Logs, and an Erector Set. This was another one I really liked:

^ It had a manual with 160 different projects you could build by connecting jumper wires between the springs in different ways. I spent hours playing with that thing.

I grew up on a farm so I also played a lot with toy tractors and farm machinery too.

·
SAS Member
7,407 Posts
My favorite toys were my dinosaurs, Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars with race tracks, Beanie Babies, and this foam building system where you could stick these foam tubes together and build houses and cars and stuff. It was the coolest thing ever.

And I used to drive the toy cars on this awesome rug.

Barbies were fun. I only had 2, but my childhood best friend had hundreds of them so I would always go over and play with them there. I also had Playmobil toys and a wedding party set, and I would crash the wedding party with the dinosaurs. :lol

1 - 20 of 83 Posts