Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've dealt with enough **** to last me 100 lifetimes and still to this day. Low self esteem, anxiety, phobias, abusive extended family. I reallydont care about all that, I'm fed up with it.

A result of this I think is a short fuse. If I hear someone having a dialogue with each other and one of them is like what, what, what cause they are not hearing it. I feel like going ballistic.
If I can hear the food in someones mouth, I want to go ballistic, crunching, crackling, slurpy wet noises I feel like exploding. I had to bite my tongue seriously. I had to feed my daughter candy, to keep her from crying cause we had to do the nit comb hair conditioner thing again. damn head lice. I did not want to add to her misery of having the nit comb dragged thru her hair, but hearing that candy in her mouth made me crazy. I just had to push it out of my head, but the food noises are bad. I have to have other background noise if people are eating noisy food.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm the same way. I avoid eating with other people because I don't want to hear them. I just started an internship for my school and my new supervisor ate her lunch in front of me. I wanted to scream. She talked the whole time with her mouth full. It was disgusting.

·
Finding my way
1,932 Posts
Wow, I thought I was the only one! Ever since I can remember I have not been able to stand the sound of people eating or loud whistly breathing. Not sure why exactly, but, yeah, I'm surprised to see others annoyed by it the same way.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Food noises can really irritate me too. If I like the person then I overlook it, but otherwise it drives me insane. When I'm eating something with my dad, I can always hear him chewing his food, and it almost makes me lose my appetite. I have weird food issues.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Drives me up the wall too, my dad used to constantly tell me i ate loudly due to not being able to breath through my nose because of allergies, but he was by far worse and made constant chewing sounds. I mentioned it to him once and it resulted in a big arguement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts