Me: *nods*

Other person: More sentences.
Me: *smiles* :) :)

Other person: Even more sentences.
Me: "Ah yep." *nods*

Other person: More and more sentences
Me: *smiles* :) :) :)

Repeat x100.

Eventually the other person goes: "You don't say much do you?" or "Why don't you say anything" or... they just go silent.

·
SAS member
770 Posts
My sister and I sound a like on the phone, the only way you can tell us apart is because of my one word answers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
this is why I cannot interact normally with humans, I dont know what to say to reply when they talk. when they ask questions I answer, but when they just talk in general and expect me to fill the gaps I dont got nothing to add. what is it that they expect from me? Im sick of trying to fit into society. I'm sick of how everyone expects that now Im 25 Im suppose to have accomplished certain things in life and if I didn't then I failed. **** the world **** society I didnt choose to come here, I didnt choose this life, I didnt want to be here.

·
Registered
310 Posts
oh god, this senerio.. yes i get this quite often usually me saying "oh yea.." repeatitivly, although i will admit im getting a lot better lately with my new job getting lots of practice just making small talk, but i still do get like this quite a bit, especially someone with a heavy accent and it's difficult for me to understand them I especially get nervous because I constantly have to say pardon? like 5 times to finally get the message lol

·
Be your own hero
761 Posts
"Yeah" "oh okay" "woah" "*polite laugh* "omg" "really?" "*insert a question even though I don't care about the answer but I want to seem like I can converse*"

Yeah, that's basically all I say if someone I don't know too well tries to talk to me.

199 Posts
lol. yes. i do this all the time.

i just don't know what to say to people. so far nobody's caught on...

·
INFP
692 Posts
This is my main problem >.< How do you change it?! My vocab consists of: yeah, wow, really, haha, weird. That's about it. And then the random questions I ask because I have nothing else to add to the conversation.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yeah I do that all the time. Sometimes I ask questions and maybe repeat a few words that the other person said (even though I'm not interested at all) just to be polite. People like to talk to me, though. Apparently I'm a "good listener" ?___?

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Yeah,I can relate to that.
I find it sooooo freaking hard to say anything and I hate it when I start to smile and laugh politely,but I'm just so anxious so I'll do anything to just give them some sort of reaction.

A lot of people think that I don't want to talk to them and usually it's not true at all.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Story of my life. And there's the occasional awkward chuckle.

·
Registered
113 Posts
YES!!!! this is my main problem when interacting with people, OMG this is frustrating as hell :S. As the conversation goes on, and the person you are talking with starts to notice you are not really saying anything, the awkwardness just starts to increase, and eventually that person will completely avoid you.

·
We Found Love
4,685 Posts
Yep, that's me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
this is why I cannot interact normally with humans, I dont know what to say to reply when they talk. when they ask questions I answer, but when they just talk in general and expect me to fill the gaps I dont got nothing to add. what is it that they expect from me? Im sick of trying to fit into society. I'm sick of how everyone expects that now Im 25 Im suppose to have accomplished certain things in life and if I didn't then I failed. **** the world **** society I didnt choose to come here, I didnt choose this life, I didnt want to be here.
my thoughts exactly...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts