Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Australian
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I feel heavy amounts of anxiety before I go out into social situations but it doesn't often stop me from approaching and introducing myself to people I haven't met. What I do find though is that I often find myself worrying if the people I've met will like me for days after.

I go over situations I've been in, in my head and analyze them far beyond what I feel I should do just to figure out where I screwed up. When I'm in the conversations I'm constantly thinking about what I will say, or what my body language is saying.

Is anyone else like this? It will would be so nice to know I'm not alone.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Your obsessions over whether or not people like you are pretty normal in someone with SA. It happens because you probably don't give yourself that many chances to meet people, so in your mind, you're doing everything you can to make sure that the few you do meet, will like you.

The solution is simple but not easy. Give yourself more chances to meet more people. That way, you won't be so worried over any one specific encounter. I can promise you that this works because I've done it myself. :)

·
Australian
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Same here, I think one small thing could destroy their impression of me.

Thanks man, I think I could possibly meet more people, although I do go out a lot but it's often only with people I already know. Recently I've met a group of people that I really enjoy the company of and it's hard for me to stop thinking about everything I've done around them. Do you think I should just do more social activities in general? It might leave me more open to meet people all the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts