Votes: 52 55.9%
  • Other - explain

Votes: 3 3.2%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Inspired partly by collector's thread and partly by other things)

Would you date long-term and possibly marry someone who you knew would never have sex with you, or you knew would be very unlikely to ever have sex with you?

·
Registered
8,575 Posts
Probably not, unless it was some kind of open relationship arrangement.

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
Never? :no If I was single and looking, and I met a guy who seemed interesting but he never wanted to have sex, I wouldn't pursue a relationship with him. Sex is just one part of a healthy relationship for me. I would like to be intimate in every way with the person I love.

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, if I fell in love with someone who was asexual, for example.
You don't have to elaborate if you don't want to, but do you know which of the choices that would be closest to? Is that a yes because he has a good reason (being asexual)? Or just a flat yes, not having sex wouldn't bother you?

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I believe I would as long as that person was so marvelous in other ways as to justify that sacrifice.

Sex is an important aspect of life but in the end it's very ephemeral, if I could find someone that brought me a deeper, long lasting form of satisfaction then I think I could accept that.

Besides, having tried both I don't think sex is usually that much better than masturbation so that having access only to the later one would make life so much worse.

·
Registered
875 Posts
"Yes, but only if we did other semi-sexual things"

I imagine it would be frustrating in the long term to love someone deeply and not be able to do anything sexual whatsoever.
My drive isn't monstrous, so semi-sexual things would suffice.

·
Banned
3,670 Posts
Begrudgingly I would. I have never experienced a relationship nor sex. I guess I should be thankful enough that I could even experience a sexless relationship at all. I should be very grateful that a girl would want to be with me, period. That is how low my self-worth and self-esteem is. Better not to be too greedy and have nothing at all.

·
intimacy without pain
1,192 Posts
Probably not, in this state of mind, but I have fallen head over heels in love before, and I know I would unquestionably sacrifice everything, sex included, for the right person.

·
uggla
10,065 Posts
You don't have to elaborate if you don't want to, but do you know which of the choices that would be closest to? Is that a yes because he has a good reason (being asexual)? Or just a flat yes, not having sex wouldn't bother you?
If he had a reason, yeah. Since I'm a sexual person, it's not something I'd just cut out of my life as easily as... carrots(?). But it would not be a deal breaker. Not at all.

·
SAS Member
8800 blue lick road
42,154 Posts
Yeah. Although if they didn't identify as asexual or something in that general area I'd be confused. I've been in an asexual relationship before once too.

It's not something I want though, I wouldn't go looking for that. But if I developed strong feelings for someone and they just happened to never want to have sex I think I'd be all right with that.

But it's probably important to note that I myself have never really met anyone who I really wanted to have sex with. Like it's never been a really strong urge. So that probably has something to do with why I don't think I'd mind.

·
today's a beautiful day
2,217 Posts
well.. if i could at least kiss and hug.. and talk everything.. with girl that i rly rly loved.. then maybe yes

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Since when did she have a choice in the matter?

·
Banned
2,905 Posts
Being as I probably will never have a sexual relationship with any female, I should say "Yes, that's something I want too". But I said "No".

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I don't understand the answers, but I'd be ok with it. Just being with her would be good enough. But then again, I can't even imagine why she'd turn down this:

·
Registered
566 Posts
I don't know if I could do that. I'd have to REALLY love the person to even consider it.

·
banana enthusiast
7,047 Posts
Yes, as long as we did semi-sexual things. I've never had anything with a girl so it would be a major step up just to have a girlfriend. But not being allowed to touch her body at all for the rest of my life would be just cruel. One of the attractions of having a female is being able to squeeze various body parts to see how they work. Not being allowed to do that ever would be like dangling ice cream in front of a fat guy on a treadmill.

However, I might get into a relationship and then regularly extol the virtues of penis, so that she eventually gets so hungry that she finally gives in to the decadent pleasure of my male organs.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts