Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone deal with these issues in addition to social anxiety, maybe? *sighs* I feel like every day is a drag, and I just don't want to have to get up and deal with it anymore. All of my goals, desires, and ambitions have, well, vanished. Everything seems like it would take way too much effort--college studying, part-time job, cleaning anything even something basic, even cooking something easy!

I feel lonely very often, but I don't actually want to be out with friends. I just don't want it, and I've been invited, gah. I have so many opportunities and so many things I can do with my life...but I just don't care. I live in chronic misery. *sighs* I guess it would be nice to know that I'm really not alone suffering with this. :(

·
Registered
611 Posts
Somewhat. I dont feel like everyday sucks...I just have no motivation to change anything. I am quite satisfied with just sitting back and doing nothing and waiting till "tomorrow" to deal with the tough stuff...finding a job - and following that, meeting people, and working towards things I want in the long term. I still have dreams and things in my fantasy land...It just seems like such a long tough road, I cant be bothered. Im just so lazy, everything feels like a huge effort now, and I feel pretty accomplished when Ive done like one thing in a day lol.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Can some one please explain this, it happens to a lot of us. Is it just the nervous system? adrenal fatigue? too much stress?

·
Registered
484 Posts
I think you should force yourself to hang out with your friends. Sometimes what we desire or like is not the same as what we would enjoy while we are actually doing it, and vice-versa.

·
MEAT POPSICLE
857 Posts
That is a hard one, because everyone is different in what they feel, I think it depends on what you have and what meds you take to control or help it.....
if the meds arent working cause you built up a tolerence to it then talk to the dr. and see about upping it or trying something new. But it sounds like I acted before I was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder...... might wanna check into that? If you wanna. But I personally have been diagnosed with....anxiety,panic attacks,s.a.d,deppression,agoraphobia,a.d.d.,bi-polar disorder, vertigo and mild claustrophobia, so I am basicaly screwed LMAO!!!!
But hey , you take what you can get!!!

·
Loveisloveisloveislove
2,785 Posts
I have all of that, your not alone

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Mhmmm...depression is a killer. It's by far my biggest problem. It will end my life prematurely, I'm nearly sure of it.

·
Ying&Yang
685 Posts
I feel the same sometimes I just feel like giving up

·
Registered
88 Posts
radiancia, i feel exactly the same. I often feel like I can't handle doing more than one thing in a day. When I finally do get one thing done I feel so relieved, cuz I'm always so worried I'l find some way to put it off til the next day.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I've got the same problem, though I blame my medication. It's a mood stabilizer, so that kind of side effect is to be expected, I suppose... /:

·
absurdinista
3,011 Posts
I'm in this boat right now. My only friend fired me from my last job, and we haven't spoken since. I'm struggling to make myself get up and go to school, and my grades are suffering. I hate myself right now, and I hate life even more. My only solace is creating elaborate fantasies about suicide that I'll never follow through with.

I feel so completely alone, and my mind has swallowed all my motivation and aspirations. It really sucks.

An additional kink is that my father is an excessive worrier, AND has an advanced degree in psychology. This causes him to constantly be knocking at my door and asking if I'm alright, and trying to force me to talk. At best it's a nuisance, and at worse it causes me to cry and just beg him to leave me alone. It's really frustrating. I hate living with my parents because of this. My father assumes he knows everything about me, and just assumes I'm just like him and I'm NOT! The only thing he's right about is that I'm depressed, and there's nothing he can say to me that will make me not depressed because the reasons for my depression cannot be fixed by talking them out. It exhausts me...

·
Some people juggle geese.
946 Posts
I'm in this boat right now. My only friend fired me from my last job, and we haven't spoken since. I'm struggling to make myself get up and go to school, and my grades are suffering. I hate myself right now, and I hate life even more. My only solace is creating elaborate fantasies about suicide that I'll never follow through with.

I feel so completely alone, and my mind has swallowed all my motivation and aspirations. It really sucks.

An additional kink is that my father is an excessive worrier, AND has an advanced degree in psychology. This causes him to constantly be knocking at my door and asking if I'm alright, and trying to force me to talk. At best it's a nuisance, and at worse it causes me to cry and just beg him to leave me alone. It's really frustrating. I hate living with my parents because of this. My father assumes he knows everything about me, and just assumes I'm just like him and I'm NOT! The only thing he's right about is that I'm depressed, and there's nothing he can say to me that will make me not depressed because the reasons for my depression cannot be fixed by talking them out. It exhausts me...
and OP

:squeeze solidarity

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you. :squeeze

I'm surprised to hear so many people have the same problems, wow.

Although I've tried to force myself many times, and sometimes even enjoyed the events during the actual events...I always left feeling worse than before. It just seemed so--so pointless, to me. Pointless in a way that reading a book wouldn't be, assuming it was a great book. :)

radiancia, I don't feel as if every day sucks, unless I'm surrounded by people who seem to enjoy things I don't anymore, if I ever enjoyed it.

·
HeavyDirtySøul
5,969 Posts
That is exactly my life. Everything you just described. I hate being alone but I hate being with friends because of anxiety. I hate doing nothing with my life but I don't want to go to college or get a job because I'm afraid. I hate my messy room, but I just can't get myself to clean. Trust me. You are not alone.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
At my worst, I'd spend a couple days in my bed at a time. Even eating then was a chore. Still is at times.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can definitely relate to what people are saying on here. I'm not currently working but in a lot of ways I feel pretty good about my life and thought I might share some of the things that I feel have helped me.

1) Volunteering - There's a community living house in my city where physically disabled people live. I take one of the residents out to live music events and another to movies. Doing a good deed for someone else helps more than anything else I've tried!
2) Diet - I eat a lot more vegetables. Processed and fast foods are cut to a minimum. I also juice wheat grass once in a while.
3) Vitamins and Minerals - Vitamin B3 500mg after every meal, B6 50mg every 2 days, Zinc 50mg every 2 days, Magnesium gel all over my body after a shower, probiotics in the morning.
4) Creative artsy stuff - I play the guitar, bass, piano and sing. I also do a bit of hobbyist game programming.
5) Exercise - I take the dog for an hour walk and sometimes do yoga
6) Meditation and spiritual stuff - There really is something to this. I highly recommend it.
7) Journaling - I like to write in the third person at times. It helps to put things in perspective. Then I can apply some CBT skills that I've learned over the years.
8) Counselling - I found a non-profit organization in my community and I pay $5 for a one hour session. My counselor is a volunteer and I find I'm having more success with him than with the psychologist that charged $150 per hour.

I'm on 300mg of Welbutrin per day that I take in the morning. It's been really helpful but I'm sure that if I weren't doing the above items as well I'd still be down in the dumps.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts