Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have switched from Adderall to 54 mg of Concerta. What attracted me to Concerta is that is suppose to not have any high or lows throughout the day. Where as with Adderall, I crashed at 5p or 6p and became a she devil. We shall see how Concerta does. If it does not work- I will be back on Adderall.

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
the crash from adderall has really faded for me but it was only after trying it occasionally for a few months then being on it daily for a month so it took a while. it is still somewhat effective but my tolerance has still increased a lot anyway which sucks cause my doc seems apprehensive about going on a dose higher than 25mg.

my irritability was sometimes pretty bad depending on what i did during the day and i wouldn't be able to take being around family without getting angry or worked up easily about something minor and when i would take ativan it would help a lot... but i'm really trying to avoid taking it often/depending on it/increasing my tolerance too much.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Have you considered Vyvanse? It lasts much longer than adderall and takes effect and wears off more slowly because it's a prodrug of dextroamphetamine.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vyvanese did not help me at all. It gave me unwanted side effects and did nothing for my concentration. I have been on just about everything for ADHD.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ativan wires me. When I take it - it is like drinking 6 cups of coffee.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts