Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sassy
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After almost four months, yay! I was just hired for a position with the Department of Education. This is particularly exciting because the interview was crazy intense. It's not a really high-up position, yet there were four of them on the interview team. I was expecting two, maybe three, but definitely not four. So, I was quite nervous. Yet when the woman called me yesterday and said she was very "impressed" with my interview. And I think this was the same woman who had a follow-up question for everything I answered. And I got more and more nervous every time she did that. I didn't think I was impressive at all, but I guess they saw something different.

I start a week from today!

·
Shining Phoenix
45 Posts
Congrats!

I just started my first job ever 3 days ago. The best thing about it is I didn't have to do any interview (lets just say I got this job through connections, or "wasta" as it's called in Arabic) and it's only from 8 am to 2 pm. The bad thing is the language barrier, my arabic is not that good, so I become kind of self conscious and start to stutter a bit when I talk. I just hope I recieve my first my paycheck before that could be used as a reason to lay me off.:b

·
Registered
336 Posts
Well done to you both.
I've heard that it is a good sign if you get follow up questions as they will push better candidates more.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Congratulations. Hope you enjoy your new job

1 - 14 of 14 Posts