Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.

I am new here and my life basically is one big mess. I have no friends at all. Literally zip. I am 17 and i know you may think that is still a young age, however i have had seven years of this crap and i am sick of it. In secondary school i was bullied had no real friends just the odd ones i use to talk to. However now they are gone their own ways and we don't talk. And that sucks. And then now at 17 no job and no friends i stay indoors 24/7 worrying, dwelling on my past and just plain suicidal.

And when I have ideas to get friends like a job or groups I get worried even more. I have had prior experiences where I have gone to a job and they have straight away rejected me and they don't even know me. My life sucks. I have no future and no life. I have nobody to talk to, hang out with or share feelings with. It hurts me.

Thanks guys for taking the time to read this thread. it means a lot just viewing it. And please no hate i know i am not the nly one and i do not intend to say i am and say im special. Because i am not. I don't want attention i just need to talk to nice friendly open minded people.

·
Banned
70 Posts
I understand what you're going through. You're unique and it's hard to pretend you're just like everyone else in order to fit in. You never feel like you can be yourself, and every social occasion feels like holding your breath until its over.

I'd like to talk to you, and listen. Message me on Skype. DarkHorseVillain is my screen name.

·
Registered
26 Posts
First of all, thanks for sharing your story. It's not easy to put yourself out there (something I should do A LOT more of). And asking for help is a positive step.

Since it sounds like there are a lot of areas in your life that you're not happy with, write down the main areas you want to focus on. For me, they are:
Health and fitness
Wealth and career
Passions and interests
Family and relationships
Then take baby steps in each category everyday or on a regular basis. When I'm overwhelmed or depressed or don't know what to do, I pick a category and do something, however small, to improve that area. For example, I might go out for a run, lift weights, write poetry, or force myself to have a casual conversation or just say hello to a stranger. Have the mindset that Rome wasn't built in a day, have a little patience, don't beat yourself up if things don't go your way right away. Be less outcome dependent, focus more on the process. If you step up to the plate, push yourself, expand your comfort zone, that's a success right there regardless of how the outcome turns out. Get into a habit of doing these things and you'd be amazed at your progress.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First of all, thanks for sharing your story. It's not easy to put yourself out there (something I should do A LOT more of). And asking for help is a positive step.

Since it sounds like there are a lot of areas in your life that you're not happy with, write down the main areas you want to focus on. For me, they are:
Health and fitness
Wealth and career
Passions and interests
Family and relationships
Then take baby steps in each category everyday or on a regular basis. When I'm overwhelmed or depressed or don't know what to do, I pick a category and do something, however small, to improve that area. For example, I might go out for a run, lift weights, write poetry, or force myself to have a casual conversation or just say hello to a stranger. Have the mindset that Rome wasn't built in a day, have a little patience, don't beat yourself up if things don't go your way right away. Be less outcome dependent, focus more on the process. If you step up to the plate, push yourself, expand your comfort zone, that's a success right there regardless of how the outcome turns out. Get into a habit of doing these things and you'd be amazed at your progress.
Dude thank you so much never looked at it that way, man wooow. Your such an inspiration. Man good luck pursuing your dreams mate but you don't need it because you have a plan. i need one. Cheers dude. Respect

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand what you're going through. You're unique and it's hard to pretend you're just like everyone else in order to fit in. You never feel like you can be yourself, and every social occasion feels like holding your breath until its over.

I'd like to talk to you, and listen. Message me on Skype. DarkHorseVillain is my screen name.
Thanks dude again another fantastic reply and a really nice person. I am adding you now my new budd.

·
Banned
70 Posts

Health and fitness
Wealth and career
Passions and interests
Family and relationships
Solid advice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hello there im rebecca

you seem like a friendly person :) i love to make new friends with caring kind people

I understand where your coming from and i was also bullied at school :( we have some things in common and also im 17 too :) well it was my birthday yesterday (3 april) so i just turned 17 :)

A lot of your feeling i can relate to as i feel the same way, i know u must feel so sad and i hate to think of anyone feeling sad , alone etc so if you would like a nice person to chat with then we can chat? :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hello there im rebecca

you seem like a friendly person :) i love to make new friends with caring kind people

I understand where your coming from and i was also bullied at school :( we have some things in common and also im 17 too :) well it was my birthday yesterday (3 april) so i just turned 17 :)

A lot of your feeling i can relate to as i feel the same way, i know u must feel so sad and i hate to think of anyone feeling sad , alone etc so if you would like a nice person to chat with then we can chat? :)
Wont let me chat to you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.