Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep trying but i have no one. So tired of this. I barely even get initial conversations. I've found some weird corner of life where i barely exist and no one who didn't know me before knows i ever existed. I have also discovered that corner of this website. So, from my little corner, **** EVERYTHING OUTSIDE OF MY NOTHING!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
talk to me bro. rant hard if you have to, jus let it out!
It's like the whole ****ing world got together and decided i'm not a part of it. go out with my brother and roommate and their friends, they talk about **** i can't possibly talk about, their jobs, people they know and i don't, whatever, they end up walking together when one has to shoot, so i'm still alone. After my heart was broken my brother and one of his friends went out, they talked to me at first, and i was trying particularly hard to be part of the conversation out of fear of breaking down in the middle of the bar if i thought too much. At first while i wasn't shooting i was talking to whoever wasn't in the game, but then they started walking around with each other where i was just alone again. I got so pissed that my brother did that to me the day my heart got ****ed over. I try to be involved in conversations but i just get drowned out. It's to the point where i just picked a few subjects to study intensely and i immediately bring those up so i can be part of the conversation, and one that can't be ignored because otherwise they are just passing inaccurate information back and forth learning nothing. Otherwise i'm just there. Barely even there. I can quite easily be forgotten. And it's dickish to try to make myself part of the conversation that way. I can barely associate with my family and friends are an abstract notion from a world i am alien to.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Keep at it dude. Luck takes persistence.

I know you might not be in the mood to for advice right now, but maybe try meetup.com or otherwise look for groups or clubs in your area. If it's a major city there might even be an SA group.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Keep at it dude. Luck takes persistence.

I know you might not be in the mood to for advice right now, but maybe try meetup.com or otherwise look for groups or clubs in your area. If it's a major city there might even be an SA group.
I started drinking a bit ago, so i don't trust myself to be particularly articulate, but i do appreciate it. With this site i don't feel like anyone will wnt to meet me, so it's easier here. This is the step i'm working on currently.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts