Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
104 Posts
For me, it's just the same here as it is in real life. I'm afraid to reach out to people, not knowing how they will react or respond. In fact, it's probably even harder to make friends here, versus any other site, because we all have this problem, lol.

·
Nope, still not!
3,273 Posts
Ohh you guys... come here :squeeze

·
Very Quiet
2,934 Posts
I am new to this forum or any forum. I did have someone send me a friend request which I accepted of course. But I really don't know what it means other than telling me their online or not. What else would I do with it? Do people use it for other reasons?

·
♛♚♝♞♟♜♚&
6,528 Posts
I am new to this forum or any forum. I did have someone send me a friend request which I accepted of course. But I really don't know what it means other than telling me their online or not. What else would I do with it? Do people use it for other reasons?
To get to know other people :boogie

OP you've been here less than a month - when I first joined I knew nobody, I didn't even think I was meant to know anyone, I only came here to b**** about my life. After a while though, you'll cross paths with other people and find you get on with everyone here regardless if they're on a list or not...well...most people................................

·
Banned
5,857 Posts
chat

·
waiting to bloom
8,863 Posts
friend requests on here are meaningless, you're not missing out. try to get friend requests IRL and you'll be less lonely.

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
I am ridiculously avoidant when it comes to PMs and chat (if anyone gets that far with me), but I wouldn't deny a simple friend request.

Having sent out maybe 2-3 requests in all my time here, I should probably see about changing that and doing it more often...

Anyway, yeah, like others have said... It's just the nature of the site. We're all in the same boat here.

Keep at it and see what happens :)

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Friend requests don't mean much to me on here, and there are many people who are not on my friend list on here that I like to talk to.

·
Villain in glasses
3,511 Posts
I'll friend you, also I noticed you're a programmer, join the CS group on my profile.

·
Banned
5,393 Posts
Everyone here needs support and want to make friends, but no one wants to exchange or accept friend requests :con :um
The best way to make friends and be supportive is through communication. Friend requests aren't necessarily, nor do they make anyone more like to communicate with you. I talk to maybe 3 people who are listed as my friends on a daily (or even weekly) basis. Most of the time a friend request just means people generally like your posts or vice versa.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
Friends are overrated. Send PMs to those you find interesting and soon you'll have a friend or two. That's all i require.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts