Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Father, Son & Holyzilla
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I can't find anything online that might give me some answers. Anyone ever had this happen to them?

·
SAS Member
13,226 Posts
Sounds like a dream to me.

From what I've read on here, it seems like you are more happier in your personal life, so perhaps that is factoring into things for you. Some people lose their appetite when they feel happier or feel feelings of "love." Your brain could be producing more dopamine and norepinephrine.

I don't know.

·
Merry whatever
2,136 Posts
Same here. I'm really depressed right now, but even when I wasn't, I still had no appetite. In fact I felt full, like I couldn't take another bite of food.
I wouldn't mind this so much, if I was normal weight, but I am severely underweight.

·
Banned
2,557 Posts

From what I've read on here, it seems like you are more happier in your personal life, so perhaps that is factoring into things for you. Some people lose their appetite when they feel happier or feel feelings of "love." Your brain could be producing more dopamine and norepinephrine.

I don't know.
I experience this as well. In fact my physical manifestations of my mood when I'm ecstatic are strikingly similar to those when I'm depressed (inability to concentrate, no appetite, difficulty sleeping). I'm at my most 'normal' when I'm merely content with life. Or indifferent to it.

Perhaps it's mood swings and you're riding the high, Jesuszilla?

·
Father, Son & Holyzilla
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I don't know.
Thanks. I will see if I can find anything on it as I did used to comfort eat.

·
Father, Son & Holyzilla
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I experience this as well. In fact my physical manifestations of my mood when I'm ecstatic are strikingly similar to those when I'm depressed (inability to concentrate, no appetite, difficulty sleeping). I'm at my most 'normal' when I'm merely content with life. Or indifferent to it.

Perhaps it's mood swings and you're riding the high, Jesuszilla?
Could be. But my mood has been pretty consistent lately.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
Are you on a low carb/high fat diet (ex. Atkins)? The fat on these diets is high which lowers your appetite because you'll be more satiated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts