Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Still searching..
400 Posts
Dude keep your ****ty taste in music to yourself. **** the damn beatles. they are the most overrated band of all time.

being overrated comes from the "spotlight". if you cant see past that and appreciate the good music that nirvana created...then you sir, have a terrible ear for music. \

and Im done.

·
Penguin
4,506 Posts
Overrated yes, simplistic yes, but still a good 90s grunge band. Why would anyone, even a drunk anyone, want to draw comparisons between nirvana and the beatles, they are different eras and different genres.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Of all big bands who are constantly hyped etc, Nirvana is one of the few I don't find overrated. They were utter sell-outs, but never lost their integrity. It's more like they purposely entered the mainstream to sabotage and educate those lost in that world. It kind of backfired though with the hordes of ****ty mainstream bands that followed - that has probably diluted their sound somewhat to newer listeners, but the songwriting is still Beatle-esque... and Kurt's vocals are truly unique.

I STILL get great pleasure out of their raw stuff... Incesticide etc. I love finding the occasional interview I haven't seen... they're just the funniest, wittiest, sarcastic dudes. They never seemed anything like the media made them out to be, especially Kurt.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
nirvana was great, but I do think they're overrated compared to other grunge bands who came out at the time. alice in chains and pearl jam were way better, IMO, but never got as much cred because nobody in those bands committed suicide...

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
God, I hate grunge.

·
madly in love
2,433 Posts
Ayway Nirvana is one of the few good rock bands out there imo.
nirvana ended over 17 years ago... theyre not out there anymore.

beatles & nirvana = apples & oranges!

ps. you can think a band is overrated and still like them, and think theyre a great band who had a big influence. i love nirvana (especially bleach and incesticide) but do i think theyre overrated? well yeah.. if kc wouldnt have blown his head off i doubt they would have gone down in history like they have.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
So there's some sort of level that Nirvana and Alice in Chains are on that's above bands like Pearl Jam and Soundgarden? Aside from Nirvana being by far the most popular grunge band, I've never really heard anyone claim that they were the best...

·
Midnight rambla
1,146 Posts
I'm a 60's/70's era 'enthusiast' (if one wants to talk about true, raw musical talent and creativity then you need only mention the musicians of that period, and backward down the timeline).
So I really don't care for Nirvana or the grunge genre in general.. but.. that said, I wouldn't doubt this band's talent. Hardly the worst band to have existed.. Far from it in fact. They certainly offered something new to the music world and changed it's direction so I won't fault Kurt Cobain/Nirvana for that. Though not quite my cup of tea... no doubt they had something.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts