Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you a night owl as a result of your SA?

I find that I enjoy staying up late at night more and more as time goes on. I don't really know why, since I love my sleep, but things just seem *easier* at night. Like, you don't have to worry about running into people you know, or having to answer the phone or the door, or having any real social situations like the typical daytime scenario brings. Since most people I know sleep at "normal" hours, night time sort of feels like "my time".

Anyone else feel the same?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yep, being unemployed means I'm up til about 3 or 4 am. Even when I have a job, I still stay up too late and feel like crap the next morning. I've always been a night owl, I prefer the nighttime.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Sometimes. My sleep cycle is very unpredictable. And I'm pretty sure SA caused it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I enjoy being up all night too. Whenever I'm working, I prefer the swing or graveyard shift, not as many people around those hours, I feel more comfortable.

·
sa challenger
5,079 Posts
I love the quiet and darkness of the night. I agree, it's MY time. No disruptions. I also hate it when the phone rings or I'm interrupted. It's a paradox because I have a family and would say I am often lonely, I don't like being lonely but I like being alone. Nighttime is so peaceful.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The loneliness of night brings perfect calm and ultimate fear. I love the quiet, the stillness that only comes at such a time, but hate having no one to spend it with. :blank

·
Seeking ataraxia
12,034 Posts
I love the night. I don't know if it's because of my SA, but I'm definitely a night person. I woke up at 1 AM and haven't slept yet. lol I do however feel more comfortable at night than in the day. It serves kind of as a mask.

·
Banned
497 Posts
Are you a night owl as a result of your SA?

I find that I enjoy staying up late at night more and more as time goes on. I don't really know why, since I love my sleep, but things just seem *easier* at night. Like, you don't have to worry about running into people you know, or having to answer the phone or the door, or having any real social situations like the typical daytime scenario brings. Since most people I know sleep at "normal" hours, night time sort of feels like "my time".

Anyone else feel the same?
yep im the same , i cant wait to watch tela tequala tonight on e4 at about 12 pm

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Me too. The night is so peaceful. I used to stay up all night and go to bed when the sun came up, but I can't anymore. I don't think it has anything to do with SA, maybe it's because I'm an introvert.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I've always been a night owl :) Even as a kid, I had a lot of energy as the night came, and getting up in the morning could be difficult.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I have been a night owl my whole life, and since my SA, I enjoy staying up late, too. I don't know why, but I just do. I like to watch things on TV that I have taped, reading, and of course getting on the 'puter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts