Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new, here. I used to have many friends and was somewhat popular..........back when I drank, and lived in the town where I grew up.
13 years ago I moved three hundred miles from there, and 5 years ago I quit drinking. My one and only friend in this town passed away, last August. I love my husband and he is my best friend, but he works on the weekends and I am all alone.
I recently applied for a volunteer position, hoping to met new people, but I had nobody to put down as a reference. They must have thought that seemed suspiscious, because I never received a phone call back.
I am very shy, and now that I don't drink or go to bars, I have no place to meet new people. I take Zoloft, and that helped for awhile, but I have been becoming increasingly lonely.

·
Banned
177,222 Posts
Hey Rocket welcome. :)

·
Registered
154,228 Posts
Welcome, Rocket! :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hello, I am new, here. I used to have many friends and was somewhat popular..........back when I drank, and lived in the town where I grew up.
13 years ago I moved three hundred miles from there, and 5 years ago I quit drinking. My one and only friend in this town passed away, last August. I love my husband and he is my best friend, but he works on the weekends and I am all alone.
I recently applied for a volunteer position, hoping to met new people, but I had nobody to put down as a reference. They must have thought that seemed suspiscious, because I never received a phone call back.
I am very shy, and now that I don't drink or go to bars, I have no place to meet new people. I take Zoloft, and that helped for awhile, but I have been becoming increasingly lonely.
Hi Rocket :wel

I wanted to adopt a cat once from the shelter & needed a few references. I sure hope it found a home & wasn't put down. She had already been there a year I believe. I know it is meant well but sometimes I really wonder on that kind of thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.