Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
im lost can u help me?
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this video really spoke to me. made me realize something. iv been too nice! when your a nice person you give off a different allure. a friend ship type of allure. i can see how girls dont want that! i think i finally get it now!:)

related videos

there was another video i wanted to show you but cant find it. family guy - chick cancer. you know the part where stewie had to be mean to olivia to ask her out!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not true for me, I love nice guys. But I do know a lot of women who tend to want men to be what I call "brutally sensitive" you have to be sweet and sensitive exactly when you are supposed to, and be stereotypically masculine whenever they need as well. It's all very silly.
I prefer the three Ns: nice, nerdy, and nervous. I don't like very confident men usually, they give off a "player" vibe to me. I like sweethearts and smart boys, boys who have just as hard of a time as I do talking to people, usually.

So don't despair! Not all women ignore nice guys!

·
Hear, See , Be silent
1,421 Posts
I don't care if I never have a GF because I was too nice. Not worth it to me to be an asshat and have a GF. :)

·
im lost can u help me?
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't care if I never have a GF because I was too nice. Not worth it to me to be an asshat and have a GF. :)
i didnt say be an *** hat to a girl! i can see you didnt understand what the girl said in the video or didnt even watch it!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
In my experience, if you're good looking/beautiful and/or have deep pockets (money) you will usually have no trouble finding a partner whether you're nice or bad or a combination of the the two. Especially as you get older. I think, it's mostly crock unless there's a relationship between being good looking/rich and being a bad girl/boy.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
I havent watched the video but if someone won't date you because you are too nice. Well sorry to break it to you, there is something else missing. Girls still want excitement, charm, mystery and anything else normal guys offer.

·
im lost can u help me?
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the only reason i posted this video becuzz iv been in this situation b4. where theres this girl i really like but didnt get to be with her cuzz i wasnt assertive enuff agressive enuff to go get her & make her mine! so i lost & shes been rolling with all different type of guys ever since. ***holes i presume. j/k but yeah it broke my heart.

·
ZuzuINK
159 Posts
this video really spoke to me. made me realize something. iv been too nice! when your a nice person you give off a different allure. a friend ship type of allure. i can see how girls dont want that! i think i finally get it now!:)
QUOTE]

lol, do you really get it though?
shes saying to put out a more masculine allure, like confidence. but never change who you are on the inside.
And having a best friend as a BF sounds like a great idea to me, but you still need to keep the masculinity/respect at a balance.

to be honest its hard to be a guy. us chicks are all different with different combinations. thats why you need to be friends first in order to figure out what the girl your interested in ACTUALLY like.

·
im lost can u help me?
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE]

lol, do you really get it though?
shes saying to put out a more masculine allure, like confidence. but never change who you are on the inside.
And having a best friend as a BF sounds like a great idea to me, but you still need to keep the masculinity/respect at a balance.

to be honest its hard to be a guy. us chicks are all different with different combinations. thats why you need to be friends first in order to figure out what the girl your interested in ACTUALLY like.
no then she would only think of you as a friend & not take you seriously! i dont think you get what im saying!

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
And how many "nice" guys have you witnessed exhibiting any of those behaviors? That's the whole point, bro. If you were exciting, charming or mysterious, you definitely wouldn't be labeled as a nice guy. Let's just put it that way.
Lol are you serious?
So to be nice you forgo all those attributes. Honestly I have been called a nice guy throughout my life. Even people I have just met have labelled me a nice genuine guy.

You can be nice and still be interesting to girls. Trust me.

·
Banned
4,304 Posts
Lol are you serious?
So to be nice you forgo all those attributes. Honestly I have been called a nice guy throughout my life. Even people I have just met have labelled me a nice genuine guy.

I've always put you in the bad boy category, so this comes as a shock to me :eek:

·
im lost can u help me?
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nope. then she wouldnt take you seriously. at first she may be intrested then after awhile she may only think of you as a friend & nothing more you know what i mean too nice! 2 pac explain this situation very well.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Reading between the lines too much are we...?

matty writes about optimism when everyone's taking the pessimistic way out.

when people whine about givin up, he writes about staying the course.

when people whine about pushing others away in defensive fear, he writes about just chilling.

and when i think of what i've learned from the board about how to battle and conquer SA, he's one of the people that come to mind as having made some killer killer points that broke through my lil matrix of self-doubt and self-hatred and fear and paranoia about everyone else as well.

if people knocking him down for being friendly makes him friendlier, he'll be better for it.. if it makes him edgier, he'll be stronger for it.

it's a win win with matty. optimism/positivity may seem like the more tender choice, but it's much, much tougher. wallowing in self-doubt and hatred for the other half is far too simplistic.
I'm not wallowing in self-doubt or self-hatred at all. I had just happened to agree and relate to the OP's feelings about the matter, and reasoned that being just a "nice" guy without anything else isn't good enough. That you cannot simply expect to be this straight-as-an-arrow guy with no personality or intrigue and have girls attracted to you, which is what Matty's implied. He's right, and I'm frustrated because I always thought being a decent human being was the only requirement. Apparently, it's not even a requirement. Lulz

·
Hear, See , Be silent
1,421 Posts
I've always put you in the bad boy category, so this comes as a shock to me :eek:
I always put you in the female catergory....trust me that was :eek:

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
nope. then she wouldnt take you seriously. at first she may be intrested then after awhile she may only think of you as a friend & nothing more you know what i mean too nice! 2 pac explain this situation very well.
Guess I am doomed for a life alone. Oh what can I do to change the cards dealt to me.

I am getting out of this conversation. I will stay the same and do just fine.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts