Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why hello there, to whoever reads this!

I've been lurking a bit and decided finally to just join. Man, this place seems pretty busy...so many threads to potentially respond to, it's kind of overwhelming..yikes!

And I bet you'll be hearing quite a bit from me soon, as I really have no life at all.

A bit about me...I'm 22. Currently a senior in college. Have no idea where I'm going. Or what I want really. So confused in life. So lost. :S ahh. I'm scarily pessimistic about my future. boo

I've discovered ways in which I think will work to help me improve....but I still find myself struggling so much to the point that I think, "if I have the tools and still can't change, does that mean I really don't want to change?!?" Or maybe I'm just too scared of change. Or the child within me still has some growing to overcome certain insecurites in order to change. hmm. alright...sorry I may not be making sense. I even baffle myself.

Right, umm, I don't want to go into specifics here. There are too many, lol.

What do I hope to gain from joining this forum?

Well, I'd absolutely love to make new friends. Maybe eventually find (1 or more) likeminded people with whom I can chat regularly with...share info, joy, pain, whatnot. Just someone to talk to and get along with. And hopefully help one another through that. I really feel as though I have no real life friends at the moment, and the internet is basically my only connection to other humans currently.

Right...so before I get even more emo than I already have, I shall end there.

I look forward to getting to know you all. :)

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
Welcome, 22yearoldfemalecollegeseniorwithsocialanxiety, to SAS! :D

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, FlickeringHope! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey FlickeringHope welcome. :)