Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:afr hi everyone,i am new here. i basically have had SA all my life. first others and myself thought it was just shyness, but i new it was more than that. there are times when i do fine but i have been in a depressed mood for a while now. i have disconnected with most friends, and i have major trust issues. i am the only one among my siblings that suffers from SA; they are very out going with many friends. people including family members always ask me why i don't go out. i am too ashamed to tell them about my SA. i just want to make friends with people that understand my situation and maybe we could help each othe w/our SA. there is a very out going girl that is waiting to come out but is held back by her sa. hope to meet wonderful people here and share some stories also looking for support groups around seattle area north end.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey lonelygirlinseattle welcome. :)

·
Alien Inside
1,039 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find similar stories here on the forum that you can relate with. Hope you enjoy your time here.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi there, lonelygirlinseattle.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi!

:afr hi everyone,i am new here. i basically have had SA all my life. first others and myself thought it was just shyness, but i new it was more than that. there are times when i do fine but i have been in a depressed mood for a while now. i have disconnected with most friends, and i have major trust issues. i am the only one among my siblings that suffers from SA; they are very out going with many friends. people including family members always ask me why i don't go out. i am too ashamed to tell them about my SA. i just want to make friends with people that understand my situation and maybe we could help each othe w/our SA. there is a very out going girl that is waiting to come out but is held back by her sa. hope to meet wonderful people here and share some stories also looking for support groups around seattle area north end.
Boy, do I get that! For a lot of years, my friends and family kept asking me why I don't get out more...as though it was something I should just do, like eat more vegetables. And most of my family is extremely outgoing...they're the sorts of people with a few hundred friends on facebook!
It's getting better, but I still have major trust issues. I expect people to push me away, and I'm afraid to be honest about my anxiety. Hopefully, this is a place for both of us where we can be open and honest without fear of ridicule. Welcome to the forum!

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, LonelyGirlInSeattle! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts