Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im a 17 year old girl, and Im Bri. Ive had SAD forever it seems. At first i only thought i was shy and nervous, but then i realized i felt worthless and so nervous to talk to people. Then i clued in. I think i may have slight depression too, or just extreme self hatred. I mean whats there to like in someone who doesnt like themselves. Not to mention i prefer to be silent, but people just think im the freaky girl I guess. I dunno, I keep a few close friends and i dont feel happy. I want friends, i want to have people care about me and vice versa, and i want people to come give me huge hugs. But im way too scared and just not like that unless they initiate it. i wish i wasnt like this, life must be so much better on the other side of the fence eh. Any advice/support on how to be okay and how to have self worth?

Thanks Y'all

-Bri

·
Banned
3,597 Posts
Welcome to SAS :)

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, DontGiveUpOnLove! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Bri, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi Bri and welcome! I am on the path to try and like/ love myself as well I have found that there really are no answers in any self help book for how to do this. I think you need to work out why you don't like yourself and no, I don't mean a list of all of your so-called flaws. I really feel that this process if different for every person. So many people only feel wanted when someone is saying that they want them, so many people (women in particular) only feel pretty/ attractive when someone is paying them attention, only feel intelligent when someone is praising them. Now this is a problem for people with SA because we don't or at least don't feel like we get much praise etc. As new-agey and silly as it sounds, you have to be the source of your own praise etc. and unfortunately that comes from no longer giving a damn about what anyone else thinks of you. I know it is difficult though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts