Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
~ Omnipresent ~
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. My name is Matt. I am 26 years old. I am from Michigan. I found this forum a longgg time ago maybe 2004. I used to have an account here, but forgot my username so I am clueless. Anyway, I would just like to say that I used to suffer from severe S.A.D. - but I beat it on my own without the help of " medications ". So, yes, beating S.A.D is possible, and I am living proof of that. I have come back here to give people hope, as sometimes hope is all we have.

Anyway, that is all I have for now. Glad to be here.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Well welcome back! I hope you share your story soon.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hey, good on ya! Thats a very nice and caring thing to do, to come back and help others! your an inspiration :D

·
~ Omnipresent ~
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, someday soon, I will share my story, and how I went about defeating S.A.D. on my own. I had it from 2002 to 2007 - so five solid years. It was absolutely devastating. It led me to the brink of suicide several times. I honestly cannot believe I lived through it, because it was hell. But now that part of my life is in the past, and I am a totally different person today. It is nice to be able to actually have a conversation with someone - even a stranger - without being overwhelmed with anxiety and being unsure of what to say. Man... it actually kind of hurts just remembering the hell it was and all it put me through. I truly feel sorry for you people who are going through what I went through. Just believe that one day your life will be better. Hope was the only thing that kept me alive. Literally it was the only thing I had for those 5 years. I just kept hoping and hoping that one day, someday, I would be the person I was before I came down with S.A.D. And eventually, I slowly became that person that I was before I got Social Anxiety Disorder at the age of 17.

Anyway, it is late here. 1:30 AM and I don't really feel like typing my life story right now. Maybe tomorrow or someday soon I will though.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, someday soon, I will share my story, and how I went about defeating S.A.D. on my own. I had it from 2002 to 2007 - so five solid years. It was absolutely devastating. It led me to the brink of suicide several times. I honestly cannot believe I lived through it, because it was hell. But now that part of my life is in the past, and I am a totally different person today. It is nice to be able to actually have a conversation with someone - even a stranger - without being overwhelmed with anxiety and being unsure of what to say. Man... it actually kind of hurts just remembering the hell it was and all it put me through. I truly feel sorry for you people who are going through what I went through. Just believe that one day your life will be better. Hope was the only thing that kept me alive. Literally it was the only thing I had for those 5 years. I just kept hoping and hoping that one day, someday, I would be the person I was before I came down with S.A.D. And eventually, I slowly became that person that I was before I got Social Anxiety Disorder at the age of 17.

Anyway, it is late here. 1:30 AM and I don't really feel like typing my life story right now. Maybe tomorrow or someday soon I will though.
I'd be interested in hearing your story, CyberPrince.
If you need help finding your old username, let me know.

I am really starting to see recovery accelerate now, but it has taken years like it has for you. It has been seven, but I am a long way from where I was, too. I remember the rocking and wanting the nerves to stop so badly. Scary times.

Welcome to the forum! :)

·
~ Omnipresent ~
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd be interested in hearing your story, CyberPrince.
If you need help finding your old username, let me know.

I am really starting to see recovery accelerate now, but it has taken years like it has for you. It has been seven, but I am a long way from where I was, too. I remember the rocking and wanting the nerves to stop so badly. Scary times.

Welcome to the forum! :)
Yes... I will post it, probably tomorrow or someday soon. Going to try and keep it fairly short, but that may be a bit difficult as I did have S.A.D. for five years. My strategy for beating S.A.D. was fairly simple but was somewhat slow. I had to take it one day at a time, making one small step here, and one small step there. It definitely was not an easy thing to do, but I guess the only thing that matters is I did it. Honestly, well, it did take a few months, but considering how long I suffered from it, I think that is kind of impressive.

Anyway, I would be glad to share it. And hopefully it will help other people out, maybe by just knowing that I had a very severe case and managed to conquer it on my own.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Yes... I will post it, probably tomorrow or someday soon. Going to try and keep it fairly short, but that may be a bit difficult as I did have S.A.D. for five years. My strategy for beating S.A.D. was fairly simple but was somewhat slow. I had to take it one day at a time, making one small step here, and one small step there. It definitely was not an easy thing to do, but I guess the only thing that matters is I did it. Honestly, well, it did take a few months, but considering how long I suffered from it, I think that is kind of impressive.

Anyway, I would be glad to share it. And hopefully it will help other people out, maybe by just knowing that I had a very severe case and managed to conquer it on my own.
It's like a bad habit. :troll :lol. We know it is best for us to let it go, but it's just so darn safe. :no

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Matt, welcome to :sas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts