Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
my name is Kit and I am glad to meet you all :)

I have only recently been formally diagnosed as having Social Anxiety disorder and I must say: it is a relief to meet such interesting people who also struggle with the same issue. I can remember dealing with this as far back as grade 6, but I have gone through periods where I was considered outgoing, oddly enough. It was only this past year I came to understand it went beyond shyness.

I do not have many friends, and am often terrified of disclosing myself to others.

This disorder also makes my job in Human Resources rather tricky as the ideal HR or business person is confident and puts people at ease. And while I was described as "personable" during my internship, I still withhold a lot of myself, and at time have a way of stonewalling when I'm nervous which I'm told (elsewhere) scares people, and makes me appear snobbish.

In my spare time I paint and do art work on comission, but HR is my "regular pay check" job.

I look forward to hearing about your experiences and sharing some of my own as I work to manage this condition. :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Kit welcome. :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Wren! :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel