Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My name is Jen. I'm looking for social anxiety/social phobia support, and I'm so glad I found this place!

I've been misdiagnosed for the last 10 years (yes, 10 years) and just recently discovered that I'm not (bipolar, panic disorder, or GAD), but in fact, very socially anxious. I do have some agoraphobic tendencies as well.

I've taken various meds over the years, and am finally evened out on 40mg Prozac, 30mg Buspar, and anywhere from 2-4 mg of Ativan daily.

I grew up in a highly abusive, dysfunctional home to alcoholic/addict parents, and I am just beginning the Adult Children of Alcoholics Recovery Program as well....

Oh! I'm 28, I live in Orange County (CA), married to the only person on earth that has EVER shown me unconditional love, and have two amazing kiddos (a 5 year old boy and a 1 year old girl)... I'm taking online classes towards my BFA at Academy or Art University, and I'm not currently working. I don't know when and if I'll ever "go back."

Anyhow, looking forward to getting to know everyone around here!

I would like to add here that I am HIGHLY functioning...I'm such a great acctress you would never know that anything is wrong..... :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Jen, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, JenSophia! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts