Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new here so I'll just start by explaining my life in a Nutshell.

I'm 18. I was borned and lived in Utah untill before my 10th birthday. Moved to Japan for four years, Moved to Idaho for three, and have been in Oklahoma for 12 months.
Latley I've come to realize how awkward I am as a person, and how it is very well preventing me from being happy. At school, sports, and work, I just feel uncomfortable with myself and don't know how to connect and talk to other people. I don't talk a whole lot in social settings and when I do, the things I say 90% of the time won't make sense. Either because my sentances are just fragments of what I want to say, or I can't relate to a conversation so I blurt out something dumb sounding, and outlandish. And because of this people just stop trying to talk to me, and I can tell I either get on their nerves or they don't like me. I wish this wasn't the case.
I do have friends. Not as many as I would like. They are either more awkward individuals than myself, good churchy people who feel sorry for me, or short friends that use me because they don't want to be seen alone, need a ride, ext.
I was diagnosed with ADD, and I think that contributes to my lack of social skills, as well as moving around. Even if I didn't move around, I know I probably would be like this, because ever since I was very young my mom has been trying to get me to be a social person. I didn't understand then, because it's not naturally who I am. (My parents both DEFINITELY have awkward elements to their personalities.) But I want to change, because I am unhappy.
Help? Thanks :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, StarSplash9! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Ashley, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
9,274 Posts