Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where to start,

I have had SA since i was in my early twenties,i just don't see how it could be anything else. I'm twenty nine now, and things are just getting worse. I did go to the doctor once, he was like yea...ok... uh huh..... take these, and make another appointment, kthanksbye. I threw the prescription away as i was leaving, that was 2005. Since then i have turned into somebody that had a very active life, to somebody that sits in there living room almost every night, avoiding what few friends a have left.I still get out, I would say once a month, and i usually have something to do on my day's off, but three quarters of the time what ever I'm doing now day's(last eighteen months) it's bye myself....
I always thought you could wait it out, and things would get better,not so.
Some day's it's not bad at all,i don't even think about it,and can do as i please, some day's i have to sit in my truck waiting on all the car's at a gas station to leave so i can go in.I disconnect from my friend's and family for weeks at a time, to the point that they have to come looking for me.My friends know there is something wrong with me,(we just don't talk about it,they know what is wrong,but everybody else is like, wtf he doesn't want to be around us) I turn down almost every invitation to any social gathering that i can not control who's there.Basically if it's not at my place, I'm not going.Going out for dinner I'm fine, most of the time.I have missed so many birthday's,(like last weekend,because i didn't know who was going to be there) wedding's,life and such, it's just plane ridiculous...I know mine is not nearly as serious as some, but i fill like it's headed that way.There is so much i could rattle on about, the sick to your stomach feeling any time you basically have to do something that involves new people are place's,the hiding out and ignoring people,just the plain lack of interest to socialize with people, i guess there is so much i could say but i will stop boreing you here,....So anyway thanks..look foward to change.........

·
Registered
86 Posts
Welcome to the forums!!

it's funny how u mention 2005, that's the year everything started going downhill for me.. before '05 i had an active life too (the SA was there but not as bad as it is now).. now it's even hard for me to convince myself to go out and buy shoes or to just get a haircut which i'm in desperate need of right now.. 'n don't worry you're not boreing us one bit friend.. enjoy ur time here

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome ^^
I'm new too, but I've warmed up to this site so fast. You probably will too c:

Happy Forum-ing!

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey backspace welcome. :)

·
Lost in New Babylon
86 Posts
Glad to have you. I'm new too. And you know, you're really not boring anyone. Reading how other people are having similar experiences certainly makes me feel better, and I bet the same goes for everyone else here as well.:D

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
15 Posts
i know where you're coming from. i think its not the people i am afraid of ,though, but their negative atmosphere, when i am around most people, i just talk to like 1 or 2 people, tops, about narrowly prefabricated topics, and i go to parties rarely and leave quickly. i spend 97% of my time solo, and i basically do not interact with anyone except my parents and brothers, and i live alone because i cannot trust anyone to be in my apartment, even if its to meet a girl, i will insist on going elsewhere. i must have a space that the outside world knows nothing about. i dont have any friends and i never go out at night anymore. i dont think i have a disorder i just think almost everyone else is bad news one way or another, and i couldnt be heard anywhere except in some kind of fringe group, so here i am...dont sweat it, i go days and sometimes weeks on end w/o speaking to anyone except for the purposes of my job. i get so burned out i can hardly function, let alone deal with the perverse idiosycrasies of a million other people...

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Backspace! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts