Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Half way there
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I hate living with social anxiety. Sometimes I feel like I'm torturing my parents. Instead of getting a job, a girlfriend and moving out all I do is sit in my room. I know that they love me but I feel as though they would be happier with me if I was "normal".
They try to help me by telling me to get over it but they don't understand what it's like for me. How hard it is for me to do things "normal people" take for granted. I would get a job if I wasn't so scared of doing something stupid/silly/embarrassing in front of my co-workers, the boss, the customers, anyone really. I would try and find a girlfriend if I thought I was good looking, charming, interesting, worth being with.. They don't understand that I want the same things they want for me. They seem to think that I like sitting alone in my room.
I don't. The real reason why I sit in my room is that I believe that everyone is better than me. I feel inferior to others. Different. When I listen to other people I'm always thinking about how good their lives sound. I know it's silly but I can't seem to be able to change the way I feel. Logic doesn't seem to help at all. I'm even scared of using the telephone :no Email has saved my life. I can't imagine living with SAS before the internet.
I do manage to go to uni but I don't have any real friends there. I actually feel like some sort of robot that doesn't know how to communicate with humans. I watch other people interacting and feel as though I'm missing something. If you've made it to the end of my post. Thanks for reading it :)

ItemEleven

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, ItemEleven! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey ItemEleven :wel

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Half way there
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for taking the time to welcome me :) I aprreciate your support.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts